Finalising D630 X3100 ML install - help?

muranb

Ok, finally at a point where I can see the light! I'm struggling with the last two points of the install guide through (Chameleon Wizard and terminal command. I don't see a 32 bit option in the settings so assuming the system was already set to 32 bit mode I moved on to step 14. This is the result from term:

Last login: Tue Jul  1 17:19:50 on ttys000

Marks-MacBook:~ $ sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel -a i386

Password:

AppleACPIEC.kext is not authentic; omitting.

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC]: _AcpiHwRead

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC]: _AcpiHwWrite

Link failed (error code 5).

Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC; aborting prelink.

Failed to generate prelinked kernel.

Marks-MacBook:~ $ Last login: Tue Jul  1 17:19:50 on ttys000

So, can I reboot now? Should I still need to use the -f flag or has this worked? If not, where is the 32 bit option in chameleon wizard for me to try again? Scared to reboot on case I need to do something else first so say waiting for some kind soul to advise :-) Thanks.

edit - rebooted and all seems ok unless I'm missing something.

Hey hang on a min ...

I've done nothing's but read that guide over and over for three days! Point 13 is exactly what I'm referring to. I don't see the option mentioned to select 32 bit, this is why I moved onto step 14 (as above).

What am I missing? Can you see the option?

post-9947-14042368329762.jpg

Genuine question, am I missing something or is the option absent from the version of Chameleon Wizard I downloaded from the site?

Am I missing out on performance by not completing the last stept above or have I completed the guide as best I can?

This does seem a little laggy so guessing something else may be needed?

• Administrators

It appears to be missing indeed; try an older version like 4.3.2.

CW_4.3.2.png

If you don't boot in 32bit mode, you won't have any graphics support and the D630 will be extremely laggy.

Great, thanks it is there in that version. However, it is already ticked.

post-9947-0-01806900-1404248071_thumb.png

Step 13 states:

"open up Chameleon wizard and go to the boot plist tab. Check "32-bit (i386)" case to ensure your system boots in 32bit kernel mode."

So,  as it is already ticked do I just hit install in CW anyway or is there no need? Do I need to do this before proceeding to step 14 for the term command and if so do I just leave everything else as it is?

Apologies if this sounds picky but having spent a LOT of time on this I would rather know I am doing it right. Don't want to have to start again.

Thanks

post-9947-0-01806900-1404248071_thumb.png

If you don't boot in 32bit mode, you won't have any graphics support and the D630 will be extremely laggy.

Ok, I notice your settings are different. Is that because you have shown it as it should be? Ie, should I copy your screenshot exactly in my CW settings and then hit install?

No mention of what settings to tick / populate in the guide so just want to make sure.

This option is a boot time option; if it's already there, then it's fine. Step 14 is for kext cache rebuilding, not 32bit kernel selection.

Ok, posts crossing I think ... 

In that case, I will get the same errors in the term output that I posted earlier, surely?

Is that the right output, ie has it all gone as it should from what you can see or do I need to run step 14 again?

Appreciate your help.

• Administrators

The options I showed above are those you should use. What are you talking about with "hitting Install" ??? Just select the correct options and save the file. The Install tab is for installing/re-installing Chameleon boot file(s).

The guide already contains all the necessary settings through the Chameleon boot plist provided in the pack!

I'm really not sure you understood the guide or know what you are doing... I thought I had made the guide totally "idiot-proof" (if you'll pardon the expression), but you've proved me wrong.