Lenovo X201 - Issues with BT, sleep and DSDT

TheOpSys

Thank you very much guys,

With your help, this was almost like installing windows!  :mrgreen:

Recently I broke my old 13" - 2006 MacBook and I decided not to buy a new Apple device, so I found out this nice x201 with 4GB RAM, i5 520M, 320GB at only 180$, in a SUPER condition, but without battery.

After a little compatibility research, found this topic, bought the laptop and I am very satisfied with it.

For the moment I have no WiFi, I do have the Atheros module from my old MacBook, but I can't flash BIOS, having no battery, I'll do that after I find a good priced one.

Thanks again, keep up the good work and btw - this is my first Hackintosh!

Later Notes:

I'm on 10.9 and my USB ports are working after coming from sleep, but the BT doesn't work at all - with the kext from the first post.

Sometimes (or EVERYTIME...?!) it doesn't wake from sleep, actually it wakes but with no backlight on the LCD or enters into a kind of loop state in witch the LCD is off and the green light indicators from the base of the LCD are blinking.

DSDT crash the OS X after apply with MultiB... any advices?

You could try the EDP Method. My X201 is working - apart from the Bluetooth not working after Sleep - near perfect. It just gets a little Hot, and the 63Wh Battery is only lasting about 1 Hour :(

For Wifi i'm using my Android with Bluetooth-Tethering at the moment :D

Mine is waking from sleep all the time - but without bluetooth.

• Like 1

You could try the EDP Method. My X201 is working - apart from the Bluetooth not working after Sleep - near perfect. It just gets a little Hot, and the 63Wh Battery is only lasting about 1 Hour :(

Mine is waking from sleep all the time - but without bluetooth.

Yes, but the EDP Method is for x201s, not for x201 - my CPU is i5 520M, with 1280x800 screen resolution. 

I have solved the WiFi problem with an AR5B95 module, bought for 8$, which is working fine, BT not working, but I don't need it anyway, so the only problem remaining is the wake from sleep.

For the installation I have followed the steps from post #3 -> on this topic.

The EDP Method finally worked, but only with 'UseKernelCache=No' or '-f' boot flags, don't really know why and the result is a slower boot time, working wake from sleep, but with no USB after and the sleep sign from the base of LCD permanently activated. 

Another interesting thing, is that after I applied EDP Method, the red dot mouse doesn't work anymore...

Ok, I'm back with good news:

- suddenly, after I have used a Live USB of Kali Linux, the BT has start working in both OS X and Windows (I have dual boot)

- I have followed the advices from this topic and removed the FakeSMC kext with the one I have used before I applied EDP Method and now I can boot up without '-f' or 'UseKernelCache=No' boot flags and as result I have a much more quickly boot of OS X

PS: Does the red dot mouse working on your devices?

Yes, the trackstick works. Install voodoops2Controller.kext for synaptics.

I was in a big mess after I changed the voodoops2controller.kext from the extra folder with the one that came with the initial package (the working one)...

[i mention that when I have asked you if your x201's have a working red dot mouse, I my extra folder already contained the vodoops2...kext, and after Jake Lo advice, I added via Kext Utility, the voovoops2...kext from my initial package, and then I couldn't bootup anymore]

To be more specific, I couldn't bootup os x anymore, even with -f bootflag. The boot in verbose mode was always stopping after voodoops2...kext failed to load message and the only solution was to install paragon in windows and replace the whole extra folder, with a backup working one(the one that came with the initial package, from the backup folder).

So for the moment I give up, and keep os x without sleep, but with everything else working, including the red dot mouse.