Rebranding Dell wifi cards

hamid37

Leon has mentioned somewhere about rebranding Dell wifi card as Airport extreme, and there is a post on a forum describing how to do that, it is out-dated though and Linux reports can not find the files. Is there an easy , uptodate instruction for rebranding 3rd party cards any where?

Thanks Leon if you check it out.

• Like 1

I get error after typing the very first command. And the same error shows up, as I enter the next commands. At some points it shows like downloading some files then stop with message ip not found and so on. Maybe it's an issue with the Ubuntu version? I used Ubuntu 10.10 i386.iso installed in USB. Can you point me to the exact version of Ubuntu you used? (Internet connection seems ok, as I can surf the web swiftly)

so I tried again, with ubuntu 10 , after the first command: sudo apt-get update , this is what I got: some index files failed to download. Then I just opened the highlighted line in browser, to see what's there. Maybe this screen could help track the problem post-55298-14042377672428.jpg

Any advice is highly appreciated

• Administrators

404 Not found -> There are no "mavericks-xxxx" folders on that repo. Those links are no longer valid. See for yourself: browse to archive.ubuntu.com and go down the tree...