nVidia board in a D630 Intel?

muranb

Having got Mountain Lion working nicely on the Intel D630 I would love to try the same or Mavericks on the nVidia model as this seems to bring about huge performance improvements.

There are a lot of nVidia motherboards available so I am wondering if they are compatible with the Intel model of the D630? i.e. will the board just be a straight replacement or are there other differences preventing the swap?

• Administrators

The D630 nVidia board is a straight replacement, but watch out for the heatsink which is different between the 2 models: nVidia-based board needs a dual/combined heatsink for CPU + GPU.

Hello i have finished the rework of changing the nvidia motherbord  ! everything works now fine , one problem was the heatsink for the nvidia and the chipset chips i had no pads (like dell uses for the heat transport) i used two polished copper plates  (same size as the chips) and thermalpaste , works fine !

the other problem is now to install mavericks ..... the disk from my other intel d630 works oob with the nvidia d630 ... the thermal settings are not well set because the fan is running loud .... but it works ....

se ya dornkaat