Snow leopard on dell latitude e6400

vrao

Hello,

I have been trying to perform a clean install of snow leopard on my dell latitude e6400. I am using a boot132 cd, and a retail Mac OS X snow leopard installer DVD. When I boot up, I get stuck at PCI configuration end... And I have already tried using the npci flags.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Specs

LATITUDE E6400

2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 gb ram

Intel GM45 graphics

• Administrators

Bear in mind that Intel GM45 graphics = GMA 4500MHD, so no graphics acceleration; that chip is not supported by Apple, which renders OS X kinda useless... GMA 4500MHD-based systems are not worth hackintoshing in my opinion.

I put in my install disk, and ran myhack. It said it was copying the files, and all the processes went faster than normal(it might be because I got a new flash drive), but at the end, when I looked at it on finder, there were no files on it, and when I go to get info, it says that only 29 MB was taken up. This is the real retail DVD from Apple, so I don't know what went wrong.

Thank you in advance!

i have successfully installed snow leopard, but after setting up everything, it took me to the desktop. The finder bar wasn't there, but the dock worked. Whenever i clicked on an application at dock, the screen would just go blank, and come back to the desktop saying that finder closed unexpectedly. Should i reinstall, or is there anything i can do.

Thank you!