DELL Latitude E5520, Intel Core i5-2430M, Intel HD 3000

madmax

H

I was wondering if this exact type of Dell notebook would be compatible as it is not exactly the spec from the compatibility list.

DELL Latitude E5520, Intel Core i5-2430M, Intel HD 3000

Please advise.

Madmax

This machine is very similar to the Inspiron 3520, actually. Its like a combination of the 3520 i5/HD4000 and the 3520 i3/HD3000. You might take a look at that guide, or another similar machine's guide and adapt it to your system. Just be sure that you don't use another machine's DSDT/SSDT and that you remove those files from the bootpacks/Extra's you try.

Also be aware that you'll need to edit your DSDT for the dual-link fix if your resolution is over 1366x768, you'll need to rename GFX0 to IGPU, and you'll need to run the "Brightness fix" (HD 3000/4000) in order to boot with proper graphics support and have the function keys work properly.

Feel free to ask if you need help. It's why we're here!

Hi bobdamnit,

would it be sufficient to use the extra from the latitude 5520 from the compatibility list plus the ssdt file that hervé attached?

at least to start with.

Plus the dsdt from here:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2559-e5520-bootpack-problems-with-intel-hd-3000-hd-1920x1080/

because my notebook has this resolution?

Please advise

Madmax

• Moderators

Hi bobdamnit,

would it be sufficient to use the extra from the latitude 5520 from the compatibility list plus the ssdt file that hervé attached?

at least to start with.

Plus the dsdt from here:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2559-e5520-bootpack-problems-with-intel-hd-3000-hd-1920x1080/

because my notebook has this resolution?

Please advise

Madmax

Try this boot pack. Included Herve's ssdt, and added dualLink to the EDP DSDT.

Extra.zip

Build your installer with my hack. Once finish, launch myHack again and select install Extra. Point to this folder and select your Installer as the Destination.

Hi,

Ok, I created the usb Mavericks installer with myhack and installed then the extra folder.

The notebook boots with reading the files from the usb stick but at the end when it shitches the grafics mode ( I guess to display the mac install screen it only shows funny vertival strips.

I guess that the grafic is not set correctly.

Can some one please help? I have a resolution of 1920 by 1080.

Thanks,

regards

Madmax

• Moderators

Hi,

Ok, I created the usb Mavericks installer with myhack and installed then the extra folder.

The notebook boots with reading the files from the usb stick but at the end when it shitches the grafics mode ( I guess to display the mac install screen it only shows funny vertival strips.

I guess that the grafic is not set correctly.

Can some one please help? I have a resolution of 1920 by 1080.

Thanks,

regards

Madmax

Manually add this to org.chameleon.boot.plist

Graphics Mode

1920x1080x32

or use Chameleon Wizard

Hi,

I tried it with ch wizard. Adding was OK, but still vertical stripes on the screen after booting with -v. I can see every line OK. But at the end when you expect to see the install screen I only have the vertical stripes the get brighter with everys second. I then kill it by pressing the power button.

Please help.

Madmax