Mavericks on a newly purchased D630?

ssprod

Greetings.. picked up my 3rd D630 Quadro NVS135M for my wife today.... thinking a Mavericks installation would be painless, as my last 2 units resulted, thru much help from this community, in a fabulous running pair of machines.. still going strong. Unfortunately, no such case with this unit. Firstly, am I correct in assuming that the D630 Nvidia bootpack is what MyHack should be using as it's "Extra"? The message "can't find" keeps coming up when I try and run the boot loader... I've tried "-f -v" and even "-x" with no luck.. won't get past "can't find". I've also tried post #15's Extra folder, using MyHack to replace the previous Extra with the new one---> @ https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6638-strange-happenings-after-edp/page-2. I've posted a pic showing the result of that attempt. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ssprod

post-44-0-29742900-1405128006_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

did you rerun my hack to add the extra folder. if you manually dropped it in you need to run a my fix. if all else fails swap the hard drive from another d630 to see if it boots fine or needs bios tweeks. the kp above is fakesmc is having issues.

Thanks for the quick return Bronxteck.. Yup, I re-ran MyHack every time I changed the Extra folder. Can't figure this out... weird. I complied with the bios tweaks (A17)  from https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1868-bios-settings-d630/  . Unfortunately, both of my 630's are running ML with PostFactor on Intel GPU. If I have to, I'll try ML on this baby.  Thanks again.  ssprod

• Administrators

Search the recent D630 threads, I've posted a full /Extra folder and I suggest you use it as opposed to run the EDP package which has been causing lots of issues for our oldish LatitudeD Series for some time now...

Herve, thanks for the info. I did use that Extra folder and that was also causing the kp in post#1. I think i've figured it out however.. I copied FakeSMC.kext from my 10.9.2 installation on my desktop to this Extra folder and all seems good at the moment. Thank you.   ssprod

• Administrators

Well... the FakeSMC kext in my pack was specifically tuned for the D630, but whatever. If things are fixed for you, so be it.

Regarding your initial questions:

• yes, the bootpack is what myHack refers to as "Extra"
  • "can't find" message relates to kernel cache and means your cache was not built properly or is inexistant
  • post v3.1.2 myHack versions no longer prompt for the bootpack at the end of the USB installer creation; you need to re-run myHack manually and opt for "Create Extra" for that. At the end of that process, myHack runs myFix automatically to rebuild the cache.
  • if cache is damaged or missing, boot with -f flag

If you have issues using FakeSMC v6.0.1111 kext in the pack I provided (I definitely use it since10.9.3, can't remember if I tested it with 10.9.2), use version v5.2.678 available in the R&D thread on performance tuning.

Failing that, you should have just copied the /Extra folder from your existing D630s.

Hi, I have followed Herve's guide used the extra but my d630nvidia will not boot, I always get stuck in the same place flow_divert_kctl_disconnect (0): disconnecting group 1. The thing is that maverick works greAt but I try to use EDP, once that's done, system fails to boot. I tried to install chameleon again but still no joy.. I am doing installation again because I tried -f -s but no joy.. Mountain lion works ok but I don't know why I cannot run the maverick after EDP build.. I need help.

• Administrators

There's on going work with EDP and it's going to last a little. Stick the the pack I've posted, it's fully tuned and provide everything you need without anything else to do, other than possible wireless kexts installation if required.

I came to realise I had forgotten the DSDT patch I had made for my own wireless card; it's been deleted so the pack should now be safe to use on any D630 nVidia.