D620 nVidia: Having trouble sleeping in 10.6.8 (sleepenabler problems)

upgrayedd

I'm using the sleepenabler kext i found here.

I can get it to boot up, sleep, and wake.

Problem is, I get a black screen on wake. Before that I got panics on wake, and sometimes, it would wake up just fine. I don't remember what i did either to get it to work.

I have the modded A10 i got from the wiki, installed EDP 1.9, and disabled hibernation. My boot arguments are busratio=21 cpus=2 arch=i386 pmVersion=23

Also, I'm using VoodooHDA, ApplePS2

Any ideas on what else to try? Does EDP 1.9 inculde a sleepenabler for 10.6.8?

thanks for your help!

I'm using the sleepenabler kext i found here.

I can get it to boot up, sleep, and wake.

Problem is, I get a black screen on wake. Before that I got panics on wake, and sometimes, it would wake up just fine. I don't remember what i did either to get it to work.

I have the modded A10 i got from the wiki, installed EDP 1.9, and disabled hibernation. My boot arguments are busratio=21 cpus=2 arch=i386 pmVersion=23

Also, I'm using VoodooHDA, ApplePS2

Any ideas on what else to try? Does EDP 1.9 inculde a sleepenabler for 10.6.8?

thanks for your help!

I tried the sleepenabler from EDP 1.9 and it works with 10.6.8. I think i had a panic with it and got the other kext. Turns out i just needed to change pmVersion=21 to pmVersion=23 all along. nevermind i guess

I tried the sleepenabler from EDP 1.9 and it works with 10.6.8. I think i had a panic with it and got the other kext. Turns out i just needed to change pmVersion=21 to pmVersion=23 all along. nevermind i guess

how do you change the pmversion from 21 to 23, when i upgraded to 10.6.8 i get a panic that tell me to turn off my laptop and turn it back on.

• Administrators

boot with -v to see whats causing the kp if it's sleep enabler then reboot after kp and boot with -v pmVersion=23 flags if that lets you boot then add pmVersion=23 to org.chameleon.Boot.plist... but when the next kernel/update is released it will most likely have to be changed again. but there are newer sleep enablers that do not require pmVersion in the boot plist

boot with -v to see whats causing the kp if it's sleep enabler then reboot after kp and boot with -v pmVersion=23 flags if that lets you boot then add pmVersion=23 to org.chameleon.Boot.plist... but when the next kernel/update is released it will most likely have to be changed again. but there are newer sleep enablers that do not require pmVersionin the boot plist

bronxtech kind of new to this , so do i just put pmversion=23 or exsample (<string> pmverion=23).

update: I figured out how to change pmversion=21 to 23, but when my computer wakes from sleep my usb mouse doesn't work , i unplug the micro receiver and pluged it back up and my computer crashes ..says hold down the power to restart. any ideas on a fix for this?

have you shut off com ports, printer port, modem, floppy controller if you have em in bios? seems like your irq for usb gets reset and allocated to something else.

I did but i still have the same issue and when my computer wakes it beeps until i press a key (acts like my keys are stuck). i change this line in my .plist<string>busratio=21 cpus=2 arch=i386 pmVersion=23</string> the 23 was a 21 instead ....is that the correct way to do it.

i beleive so. have you tried pciroot=1 and or npci=0x02000 you can download a newer sleep enabler from here http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/downloads/detail?name=SleepEnabler.kext.10.7.x.zip

hey bronxtech, i updated the sleepenabler in my extra folder. but when i wake it up my screen is white and fades to blue, i have to force it to shutdown.it seems like like sleep is almost there but i'm missing something. also how is lion working out for you, i think when i get this down pack i will try lion.