D830 (lo-res) Bootpack not working

ssprod

Greetings.. attempting to install 10.7.4 on my 830 (intel lo-res) via MyHack USB. On USB boot, it goes thru it's verbose mode and gives me a black screen upon completion. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! ssprod

• Administrators

I don't see anything wrong in the boot plist although I guess you should not use the 1920x1200x32 graphics mode at startup. Low res is 1280x800x32. You could also tick Ethernet built-in (will save you hassle with AppStore for instance) and set System Type to laptop.

One place where you can safely grab the D830 LoRes DSDT is the guide for ML on D830 X3100. I can vouch for it, I made that pack myself when I tested the installation.

Can you list the contents of your /Extra folder?

Herve, thanks for the reply.. Out of desperation,  I managed to get this baby to boot via MHackusb using an extra folder from an old EDP. I'd gladly send that to you if you'd like. At this point, I've installed the appropriate build via present EDP, and all is functional EXCEPT Audio. I'm into my 3rd our trying to rectify this issue. Would you happen to be able to shed any light on that?  Thanks for your support.. ssprod