On d430 1.33 No "tilde" key... "§±" instead.

macindude

yup same problem here ... you could try 'windowskey n' (workaround)

nm! not quite the same! unicode command. Yeah let's see if there's a keyboard mapping tool:

what about http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20060825072451882 ?

I found a perm fix, and its so easy, turns out the fix is from 10.5.8 which is why I had such a hard time finding it. but here you go. Tested and works 100%

Tilde & back quote fix

For those of you who are annoyed by the difference between your keyboard layout and the Symbols on your keycaps, it is possible to make a keymap that mathces the layout printed on your keyboard aka PC/Windows Layout. Try Ukelele http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=ukelele you can create your own keymap and match all the special charactes to any key. I made one for my previous hackintosh (Sorry my wife's ;) ), a Lenovo Ideapad s10 and one for my (daughter's) D430 both with german layout matching the keys. e.g. ALT/AltGR Q gives you @, this makes it so much easier to find the charactes you need. Use one of the included layouts for start and modify it according to your needs.

I made one for my previous hackintosh (Sorry my wife's ;) ), a Lenovo Ideapad s10 and one for my (daughter's) D430 both with german layout matching the keys. e.g. ALT/AltGR Q gives you @, this makes it so much easier to find the charactes you need. Use one of the included layouts for start and modify it according to your needs.

Hi Harald,

any chance you can share your ukelele layout with us? :)

Best regards,

Sebastian

Hi Harald,

any chance you can share your ukelele layout with us? :)

Best regards,

Sebastian

No Problem: Unpack this and put it in "/Library/Keyboard Layouts" so you can use it as Input Source ("Eingabequelle" in German) in your Language Preferences-pane ("Sprache &Text").

I had to zip it, because the forum-software wouldn't let me upload an ascii xml file with the extension keylayout :(

CU

Harald

D430.keylayout.zip