D830 nVidia - Yosemite

ktazn2k

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone having restart/shutdown issues with final App Store version 10.10 Yosemite and 10.10.1 update on an Nvidia D830?

Yosemite runs perfectly, so much faster than Mavericks even, but restart and shutdown seems to be broken. Most of the time the laptop fails to restart/shutdown. The display turns off like it's about to restart or turn off, then it just sits there forever. I have to force power it off and on again. Also, this does not happen all the time. The laptop does restart and shut down properly sometimes, but majority of time it does not.

Sleep works fine.

I can confirm it's not a hardware problem as I have Windows 8.1 installed on the same partition and the problem doesn't exist there.

The only kexts I use are:

* FakeSMC (latest version and modified with 01330F00 0008 value)

* ACPIBatteryManager

* Patched_10.7_AppleRTC

* IOATAFamily

* BCM5722D

* VoodooHDA 2.8.4

* AppleACPIPS2Nub

* ApplePS2Controller

Running on Chameleon v2.3, but it happens with Clover as well.

This is what my bootlist looks like. Maybe someone can help me fix or improve it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>
    <key>Theme</key>
    <string>AngelBird</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Much thanks!

• Administrators

You have the correct settings and kexts, nothing wrong there. I have the same symptoms on my D630n but not as bad as you, it's much more occasional. I've never managed to identified the root cause of this. You could try to repair file permissions through Disk utility, then rebuild your cache. It may improve things a little.

IOATAFamily kext is not required on the D830.

Ok, sorry to jump on this thread but I have just attempted to install Yosemite on my D830 with Clover and I am running into many issues. I have followed many different guides to get this going and none have seemed to work.  I have followed the ones from IM that have you do the sudo /Application.... command to get it installed on the USB key and then installed Clover.  I have to edit the smbios to reflect that I have a MacPro5,1 to even get it to start.  Once it starts it goes for a while then crashes right after it says system uptime in nanoseconds.  I have copied all my kext files from my Mavericks E/E folder to the 10.10 one on the usb key and also the dsdt.aml in the patched folder.  I am at a loss.  Have no idea what I am doing wrong.

On a side note, is Clover really that much better than Chameleon?  I haven't tried Chameleon with Yosemete so it might be just as frustrating.  Any help would be great.

this is the error I get.

Steves-MacBook-Pro:~ root# open /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Volumes/OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.dmg.

Steves-MacBook-Pro:~ root# id

uid=0(root) gid=0(wheel) groups=0(wheel),1(daemon),2(kmem),3(sys),4(tty),5(operator),8(procview),9(procmod),12(everyone),20(staff),29(certusers),61(localaccounts),80(admin),33(_appstore),98(_lpadmin),100(_lpoperator),204(_developer),398(com.apple.access_screensharing),399(com.apple.access_ssh),401(com.apple.sharepoint.group.1)

Steves-MacBook-Pro:~ root# ls -ld /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

-rw-r--r--@ 1 root  admin  487175853 Nov 12 15:29 /Volumes/OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

So I followed your tutorial finally was able to get the BaseSystem.dmg mapped and got the USB all taken care of.  I deleted the Packages link, copied the one from the install, installed Clover added all my kexts from E/E and my dsdt.aml also into patched. booted up and still dies at the nanoseconds one.  Clover still sees my D830 as a MacBook2,1 in smbios.  Not sure what I did wrong.