Successful rebranding dell 1390 wifi card

jjing

I have been able to rebrand my dell 1390 wifi card.

The OSX 10.6.7 and 10.6.8 recongnize the card as Airport Extreme.

I am able to use the card in 10.6.7.

However, I am unable to activate the card. Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

The bios shows Broadcom wifi.

OSX shows Airport Extreme. Before rebranding, OSX showed third party wifi.

The wifi switch is in ON position.

The OSX 10.6.8 does recognize the wifi card. However, I can not activate it. Did I do something wrong during the rebranding. Should the bios show Airport Extreme as well?

• Administrators

The bios shows Broadcom wifi.

OSX shows Airport Extreme. Before rebranding, OSX showed third party wifi.

The wifi switch is in ON position.

The OSX 10.6.8 does recognize the wifi card. However, I can not activate it. Did I do something wrong during the rebranding. Should the bios show Airport Extreme as well?

Try creating a new network location...

When I try to creat a new location, only Ethernet and Other selectable. THe External Modem and Airport are gray out and not selectable.

The Airport on the left panel is off. Nothing happens, when I clicked the Turn Airport On. When I tried to turn airport in command: networksetup -setairportpower airport on. I got: you cannot set Airport power because all Airport network services are disabled.

• Administrators

HI Mate,

You have the same problem as i have with some cards.. the cards works fine and gets detected (look under about my mac) under 10.6.0-10.6.6 .. but from there and up they dont.

I have two of those cards, so i'm very open to helping you out :)

I'll do some testing today and get back to you.. i seem to recall some other solution was posted here on the forum.. some.. broadcom fix.. hmmm.,..

Hello, and sorry for my bad English, I'm French.

I have exactly the same problem, I have a D620 with 1390 wireless card.

By installing Snow Leopard 10.6.7 with "Chameleon v2.0 RC5-r665" and EDP 1.7 everything works perfectly, but when I updated to 10.6.8 Combo Update v1.1 wifi is no longer recognized (just an empty triangle and impossible to activate it manually in the preferences. and with the update 10.6.8 v1.1 I find the system slower and USB does not mount automatically when I plug in a USB (I must manually mount in "disk Utility").

But the most important to me at first is to have the wifi, the rest I think I can fix it by trying other Kext.

I did assay to put the Kext versions 10.6.7 to 10.6.0 for the WiiFit but this has not changed, still no wireless with 10.6.8.

But what many have changed to 10.6.7 and 10.6.8 between the wifi to lose?

Another thing important to me to be able to make test, how to inject Chameleon manually on the hard drive when I reinstall a backup with TimeMachine.

Thank you very much for your help.

• Administrators

Hello, and sorry for my bad English, I'm French.

I have exactly the same problem, I have a D620 with 1390 wireless card.

By installing Snow Leopard 10.6.7 with "Chameleon v2.0 RC5-r665" and EDP 1.7 everything works perfectly, but when I updated to 10.6.8 Combo Update v1.1 wifi is no longer recognized (just an empty triangle and impossible to activate it manually in the preferences. and with the update 10.6.8 v1.1 I find the system slower and USB does not mount automatically when I plug in a USB (I must manually mount in "disk Utility").

But the most important to me at first is to have the wifi, the rest I think I can fix it by trying other Kext.

I did assay to put the Kext versions 10.6.7 to 10.6.0 for the WiiFit but this has not changed, still no wireless with 10.6.8.

But what many have changed to 10.6.7 and 10.6.8 between the wifi to lose?

Another thing important to me to be able to make test, how to inject Chameleon manually on the hard drive when I reinstall a backup with TimeMachine.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi,

Lets look at one thing at a time.. lets start with your wireless.

Please try this solution: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=200

And let me know if it works so we can add it to EDP.