Create USB pen with 2 8GB paritions?

pilgrim

Hi. Just wanted to ask if you can use a 16GB USB pen for the Snow Leopard installation, first dividing it into 2 8GB partitions and restoring the Snow Leo 10.6 image to the first 8GB partition, then installing Chameleon as usual.

I tried, but get kernel panic on boot from USB pen, trying to install on D430. I've installed Snow Leo several times on Dells but have always used an 8GB pen.

Thanks.

I have two 16GB pens with 3 partitions on it: Boot, Live and Setup.

Boot is 100MB and contains Chameleon and EDP

Live is shy of 10GB and contains Lion live installation, working fine with my D430 (albeit slow like hell, but still working. It is a last ressort, if all other things fail)

Setup is 6GB and contains Lion installation media, which is tested and able to install Lion on my D430

I have no issues whatsoever to boot Chameleon, choose one of the two Lions and use them with my D430. My EDP config is just copied one from my D430, tested and working.

I have two 16GB pens with 3 partitions on it: Boot, Live and Setup.

Boot is 100MB and contains Chameleon and EDP

Live is shy of 10GB and contains Lion live installation, working fine with my D430 (albeit slow like hell, but still working. It is a last ressort, if all other things fail)

Setup is 6GB and contains Lion installation media, which is tested and able to install Lion on my D430

I have no issues whatsoever to boot Chameleon, choose one of the two Lions and use them with my D430. My EDP config is just copied one from my D430, tested and working.

Okay, thanks. It seems the problem was with my D430, as it simply wouldn't let me install Snow Leopard using a USB pen. The only way was to use the Leppy method with boot CD and SL retail.