E6440 Mavericks

shumanak

I have seen two posts for putting Mavericks on a Latitude E6440 but none of them have a step by step. I am having trouble with a still waiting for root device after Touchpad load. I have a core-i7 4610M. Please help. I am trying to use the suggested boot pack from a Latitude e5540.

• Moderators

You have to take into account what version of Mavericks you're installing as the patched kernel is different and what version the boot pack has.Your attachment didn't get added, please link to it if you download it from there.

• Moderators

I believe that boot pack is for 10.9.2, so the patched kernel won't work for 10.9.4. Get it here on the bottom of the guide.

Also you can't use the SSDT for your CPU. After building your system, use HVT to generate the SSDT for you CPU, under tools->SSDT Generator.

The gpu for your unit is HD4600 not HD4400, so if you don't get graphics right, use Chameleon Wizard, change the FB value to 10 instead of 12. Also you can add dart=0 to the boot.plist.

I am rebuilding my installer now and will report. I really appreciate it. By the way will the bcm94312hmg wifi card work in Mavericks. I have searched and have found ML kexts, didn't know if there was a way getting it on 10.9.

I updated the patched kernel as well did the chameleon fixes. I am still receiving the still waiting for root device after touchpad initialization. I deleted the SSDT.aml as well until I get my machine running so I can use HVT.