Yosemite on E6410 nVidia

ako

I did in Yosemite Topic ;) but kexts aren't optimized yet for 10.10. For E6410 you will also need DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext because I have Core 2 Duo and Herve note that it's only for 'I' Processors ;) And Jake Lo post Sound and trackpad/trackstick kexts for your model also in Yosemite topic :)

So at first read topics then start new one ;)

Cheers! :)

• Administrators

They are very different laptops with little hardware in common in fact:

• E6400 is based on G45 chipset, Penryn Core2Duo CPUs, DDR2-800 RAM, Intel GMA 4500MHD or nVidia NVS160M graphics
  • E6410 is based on QM57 chipset, 1st gen Arrandale i5/i7 CPUs, DDR3-1066 RAM, 1st gen Intel HD or nVidia NVS 3100M graphics

Yes, you may find certain "accessories" like LAN card, SD card reader or TouchPad to be common, so indeed "some kext will work", but that's not the same as using an E6400 guide/bootpack for reference. In that respect, kexts from say a working Asus or Lenovo system may apply to the E6410 as much as kexts from a working E6400.

In a similar way, yes, "steps are the same", but this principle applies to all Hackintoshes, so the general way one installs Yosemite on say an E6400 is the same as one installs Yosemite on say a D630. I think Ako is after a E6410-specific guide with factual experience and feedback...