Optiplex 755 ML 10.8.4 cloned HD keeps rebooting

becker666

I installed 10.8.4 in a 745 after some little pain, now I have a 755 avaialble and just plugged my HD there and Voila it came up, so I made a CCC of that parition to another HD , installed the Chameleon starter, ran the myHack on it, but it won't boot I get a bunch of messages but then when it seems like is trying to change the video mode it reboots and starts all over. 

If I use the HD as an external USB via adaptor it boots from the Cloned copy

Redid it once , same thing

What to check/try???? Hints???

Cheers

• Administrators

If the 2 systems are of fairly similar specs, boot with -f UseKernelCache=No since the HDD should have the cache for the 745 and that may not be suitable for the 755. After that, you'll probably have to adjust your /Extra folder to fit the 755's own hardware.

Thanks!!! I tried that already.

The funny thing is the HD from the 745 boots fine on the 755 only needs a Network touchup, but the cloned copy has the issue above. Somebody suggests move everything from E/E to S/L/E and redo those  ... others suggest redo the EFI haven't done those yet.

The other thing is that that working HD is dual boot win/Osx and the target cloned HD only HFS not sure if that would be the problem, I could just buy the very same model/size HD and do an image copy right???

The carbon Copy size is about 2.5G less than the original.

Also tried t starting from the scratch with the USB that went almost all fine  it was about to complete when the screen went blank and it couldn't even boot. 

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

Well, I would not really expect a HDD cloned from a 745 to work straight away on a 755, especially if keeping the DSDT and things like that, that are totally specific to the original build. As a minimum, the /Extra config would need to be adjusted according to the specs of the target 755 (DSDT, boot plist, SMBIOS, kexts, etc.).

List the specs of both machines and we'll possibly be able to give you pointers.

After I cloned the whole HD and not just a partition it did work, without touching anything. only the Audio and the network were not working

I installed Voodo2.7.4 audio came up

The AppleIntel100e.kext network worked  ... but the audio stopped??? Sounds like this should be an easy one

I've been unistalling/reinstalling the Vodoo but no cigar .... any hints there I'm almost there

Cheers

Edit: Got it , installing Vodoo 2.8.6 took care of it it is working good now