Latitude E6500 - Yosemite installation

howoarang

Ok, maybe I have corrupt DP1 with some errors, because I tried extract kernel from it using Pacifist.app and it doesnt go. So I must download kernel from net.

Anyway I appreciate your work and I will trying also how to 10.10 for e6500. :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without Flags you have FakeSmc issue. I don't boot with -x it's not necessary and I don't copy kernel, Kernel is unpacking itself with this installer. You have Yosemite ready to boot with it :) And you only need copy your Extra to root of your USB. So try again maybe something goes wrong at the first time ;) In Chameleonboot.plist you can change your resolution to 1920x1200 for your display. And booting OSX installer hangs at some points but In a while it goes ahead :)

Try again with the Extra that I've uploaded for you in previous post :)

Ok. I will try it once again later, but have two more questions:

- the USB must be formated as MBR or as GUID? I think as MBR, because usb.pkg installer is for MBR, right?

- what version of BIOS you have? I have A29.

thanks.

OK, I checked dell support and these are the latest BIOS for latitude:

for e6400 is A34

for e6500 is A29

boot have the same release date 7/16/2013, so I think, these BIOS are very similar.

You have partition as GUID, ok, but it is for installed Yosemite or for prepared USB yosemite installer?

Hi, with your kexts, I have finished installation DP1 :)

but I must to boot with flags -v -f -x and kexts must be copied in S/L/E folder too.

With these steps, USB installer does boot and I can install DP1.

But installed DP1 won't boot. I tried to install chameleon r2380 and r2391, use same kext, boot with flags -f -v -x, but no luck :(

Also I used myhack FULL, still wont boot