Dell D620 Sleep fix not working

GrandMstrBud

Okay I installed 10.6.0 just fine and everything works fine and I went through the steps to get the sleep to work and it's still not working. If I press the power button to put it to sleep or close the lid it just does not go to sleep. I have the Intel video version of the D620. What am I missing here?

I have put a check in use secure virtual memory and then opened the terminal and followed the steps, Then I set a system password in the BIOS and restarted it same thing. Is there something I'm missing here?

http://www.osxlatitude.com/getting-sleep-to-work-on-your-dell/

I have no wake from USB option in the BIOS. The closest thing is USB emulation.

try rebuilding your system and use apple power management instead of the null one or repair disk permissions, do repair disk permissions first and rebuild your system from backup, the apply sleep fix in the wiki, I did disk permission like 3 times back to back before it worked.

Okay I installed the EDP and most of the fixes and then ran the commands to enable it and made sure wake from USB is off and still nothing. The way it looks is the system is still on but the monitor will not kick back on. On the EDP I seen 2 options for making sure sleep works and ran those right after I installed it. So far nothing is working. I really don't want to have to re-install everything since it takes forever to install all my stuff so I'm hoping there are other suggestions. I'd be happy if I could just close the lid and open it with the power remaining on all the time. Either way but closing the lid just forces me to shut it all the way down with the power button.

Okay I installed the EDP again and now sleep works. Is there a way to set the bios up so I don't have to input a password? Not a huge deal but would be nice. Also is there a way to have the laptop stay on when the lid closes or not? Last question, is there a way to get the WiFi and bluetooth lights to come on? I'd like to update it to 10.6.6 but don't know if that will mess anything up or not or if it's even possible to get Lion on here since I don't have a Core 2 Duo, just a Core Duo on this one.

• Administrators

on a cold boot you will have to input a password but there is an option to bypass password on wake,,, there is also an option to bypass wake and reboot but it does not work. it will actually take longer for the bios to get to the logon screen in selected. as far as closing the lid. i don't think osx has that feature in energy saver pref like windows does in power plan setup. the wifi light do not turn on in 10.6 like they did in 10.5 but bluetooth should light up if it's active and installed .

on a cold boot you will have to input a password but there is an option to bypass password on wake,,, there is also an option to bypass wake and reboot but it does not work. it will actually take longer for the bios to get to the logon screen in selected. as far as closing the lid. i don't think osx has that feature in energy saver pref like windows does in power plan setup. the wifi light do not turn on in 10.6 like they did in 10.5 but bluetooth should light up if it's active and installed .

Thanks, I have not put in a bluetooth module yet but I know I have an extra one I'll probably put in. As far as updating it anymore is that possible? 10.6.6 or Lion?