Need Major Help Installing 10.9.1 on D830

beeson76

Thanks Herve. I will try it out. I have been piecing together a build all day today. I literally spent all day trying to get this thing running. I am on the process of making a new USB install. I have literally turned on and off my computer prolly 200 times just today. It's driving me insane:) I have come up with a solution that really isn't a solution in my case. The extra that I built into my USB install may of been one made for the d830. It seems to work great cept for the audio and battery/power "stuff". That is why I am making a new USB stick to see if it is the right Extra. My main problem now is the Chameleon bootloader. I cannot for the life of me get this thing to boot up to OSX without going through the USB stick. What Chameleon works best for this install and how do I get it? I have used the Chameleon off of EDP and the Chameleon Wizard and nothing. Also do I have to run my fix quick after each try with Chameleon... Because I have been.

Thanks Herve for the help. I greatly appreciate it very much.

• Administrators

Use the pack I provided, it has everything you need. Don't use EDP for the moment. To me, your problems are probably due to an incorrect or unfinished myHack USB installer. myHack installs Chameleon by the way. You can update to a subsequent version thereafter but it's not mandatory.

I would recommend you proceed as follows for your installation:

1. with myHack v3.3.1, build your 10.9 installer on your GPT-partitioned target USB key, having been erased and renamed to XYZ
  2. for the avoidance of doubts, re-run myHack and:
    1. install myHack utilities on your USB installer
    2. install Chameleon on your USB installer
    3. install Extra->"own" pack (not Generic) on your USB installer, pointing to the pack I provided and that you'll have downloaded
  3. boot the USB installer and proceed with installation on your target HDD/SSD
  4. towards the end, myHack should prompt for /Extra installation (use "Your own" and point to /Extra folder of USB installer) and kexts removal. If not, your installer is not correctly made

I would like to really thank Herve for the help provided.  You certainly put me in the right direction.  What I think was the problem with Chameleon not installing right was the way my Hard Drive was partitioned.  I may of had it partitioned either in 2 partitions or it may have been MBR when I had my USB stick set up for GUID.  When I partitioned it with one partition and then definitely set up for GUID, then Chameleon installed perfectly and is working perfectly.  Thanks again Herve for all the help.  I will post here if I run into any more problems.  Hopefully not though:) :)

The Extra file being used is the Extra that Herve posted in Post #10.

• Administrators

Glad you eventually got there. Now what you write about partitions in point 2) is misleading. It's perfectly Ok to have several partitions and it's perfectly Ok to have an MBR partitioned HDD, not GUID, as long as you know it and apply the MBR patch if applicable.

Your particular experience with an obviously incorrect/unknown HDD partition arrangement does not apply to everyone.