Boot stuck at spinning circle

Audiotape

Hi,

I've tried to install Mavericks on my system, but unfortunately I don't even make it to the installation screen.
Bios is set up properly and I've got an intel processor, nvidia graphics and an Asus mainboard.
When booting verbose it gets stuck with the following error:

USBMSC Identifier (non unique): 058F63646476 0x58f 0x6364 0x100, 2
Still waiting for root device

What could that be? Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3,4 Ghz
8 GBs of RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 650
Asus B75M-A

Thanks for answering!

USBBusFix=Yes did it for me. 

But now I've got a different problem... After booting the screen goes blank and shows a "No Signal" error. 

Botting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No didn't change anything and PciRoot=1 had no effect, too.

I have already tried different types of signal Interfaces such as VGA, DVI and HDMI but it didn't help.

Do you have a suggestion what to try? 

• Administrators

Assuming your BIOS is configured for PCIe graphics card to be primary, you may need a DSDT patch to inject the card details. You could may try to boot in safe mode (-x flag) to see if that gets you to Mavericks desktop. You may then manage to extract a raw DSDT from BIOS and a full IOReg output.

• Like 1

Assuming your BIOS is configured for PCIe graphics card to be primary, you may need a DSDT patch to inject the card details. You could may try to boot in safe mode (-x flag) to see if that gets you to Mavericks desktop. You may then manage to extract a raw DSDT from BIOS and a full IOReg output.

Thanks for your tips!

PCIe graphics are set to be primary but my problem is, I don't even make it to the installation screen. Not to mention getting to mavericks desktop..

Is it possible to do a DSDT patch without running the system?

Thanks for your tips!

PCIe graphics are set to be primary but my problem is, I don't even make it to the installation screen. Not to mention getting to mavericks desktop..

Is it possible to do a DSDT patch without running the system?

Yes, we can do DSDT patch but need access to OSX in another machine to patch the DSDT using patches according to your hardware. Extract your DSDT and ioreg from your OSX by booting in safe.

Hi,

I've tried to install Mavericks on my system, but unfortunately I don't even make it to the installation screen.

Bios is set up properly and I've got an intel processor, nvidia graphics and an Asus mainboard.

When booting verbose it gets stuck with the following error:

USBMSC Identifier (non unique): 058F63646476 0x58f 0x6364 0x100, 2

Still waiting for root device

What could that be? Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3,4 Ghz

8 GBs of RAM

nVidia GeForce GTX 650

Asus B75M-A

Are you using from USB3 port to boot? If so then you need USB3 kext GenericXHCI to overcome the still wait for root device.