Dell 3521 Installation using EDP

toekiman

Update:

I patched the EDP dsdt with the lpc patch from PJALM (and a DTGP patch to fix an error) and the delay is gone now.

I also replaced voodoohda by this patched applehda and it works perfect. I really don't see why the EDP app recommends to install voodoohda as it is buggy and can cause random kernel panics at startup. or am i wrong ?

I also noticed another error when starting my laptop.

It says "superiodevice:  [fatal] found unsupported chip"

Is this bad or should i just ignore it ?

Thanks

yep, that fixed the error (or removed it :D) but i also noticed that my audio doesn't work anymore after patching my dsdt with the lpc patch.
I tried to load a vanilla applehda and repatch it with the hackintosh vietnam tool but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. The installer says that it patches applehda and that it injects audio lay-out 28... what does this mean ? Does it inject the lay-out in my dsdt or do i have to do this myself ?
And why did it break after patching my dsdt ?

I know i could just use voodoohda to get it to work but rehabman told me that it's buggy and can cause random kernel panics so that's the reasob i'd rather like to patch it. Or should i better use voodoohda eventhought my chip is supported ?

Thanks