HP XW6400 Workstation

Palma

Hi

I would like to run OSX on my desktop but when i begin instalations the OSX don't see my HDD/SSD. I know the problem is in AHCI/RAID because in this model I can't turn off RAID. Any sugestions how I can install OSX ?

My spec:

CPU: 2x Intel Xeon 5130 2.33GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series
RAM 4Gb (2x2Gb)
SSD 60Gb OCZ Agility III
HDD 1,5TB
Display: Samsung SyncMaster SA300

Regards
Mark 

It works now,  I changed storage settings in bios to: separate IDE controller (bios version: v02.38). Now I need rest of kext, any sugestions what kext I should install ?

I have a two graphics card:

Ati Radeon HD 5450

GeForce 210

Which one will be better ?

• Administrators

The nVidia works OOB in SL, Lion, ML and Mavericks, possibly Yosemite too. It's a low-end card, but does the trick for regular desktop/multimedia purposes. You'll just need to specify GraphicsEnabler to Yes in your Chameleon boot plist.

The ATI seems to require some adjustments to get fully supported: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293049-guide-mavericks-amd-radeon-hd5450/

Other than that, both cards seem to be quite comparable: http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=411&gid2=326&compare=radeon-hd-5450-1024mb-vs-geforce-210-1gb

Hi, I'm new to the Hackintosh thing and wanted to try it on our XW6400.  Mark or

anyone can you point me to the guide that worked specifically for this system?

Thanks

It currently has an X1300 video card but we could certainly upgrade it, would like

to just try it with this card first then probably upgrade later.  Prefer passive cooling

on the video card if we have to upgrade - don't need anythng high power.

We would probably start with SL, since we have the disk, then upgrade or is it best

to just install Mavericks from the start?

• Administrators

There is no specific guide that I am aware of. Just use the regular installation process detailed in the EDP-Documentation section of the web site.

If by X1300 you mean an ATI Radeon Pro X1300, it'll work with a bit of tuning/patching and only with SL; it's not supported beyond. I wrote how to get it to work either in my Vostro200 guide or somewhere in the Dell-Desktop section in an Optiplex 755-related thread. Just do a search on the forum and you should find it somewhere.

For later versions of OS X, you'll need to change your card for a supported one. Again, a GeForce G210 is a cheap and cheerful solution and exists in passive cooling form.

Thanks very much Herve I will look into it further and probably do this some time

down the road as a project with my son who it quite interested in trying it.

Is there a current model ATI alternative to the GeForce that you suggest or are 

the nVidia better/easier to use?  We don't mind buying on ebay since I'm sure

there are many low/midrange cards there.

• Administrators

Sorry, I have little experience with ATI boards (outside the X1300) and have only been using nVidia cards since. I find them easier to deal with (OOB or with patches) but that's probably a matter of experience and taste... There's a pretty good wiki at InsanelyMac for all sorts of supported hardware, including graphics cards. Just scrounge the web.