Latitude E6530 - installation failed

DerPeiler

Hi all, 

as first, thanks for this board, very nice to have one like this! 

I'm using a Latitude E6530 and try to install Mavericks, the installation is not succesfull and abort after i choose the system language (german) with an error. Please check the attached screenshot. post-64325-0-22148400-1410249181_thumb.jpg

Here my System configuration. 

CPU: i5-3320Mn @ 2.60GHz 

Memory: 1x4gb 

Graphic: Intel + NVIDIA 

HDD: 500GB 

Wireless: DW1505 (used in wwan slot) / intel wifi card removed 

Before i started with the installation i upgraded BIOS to A12, load BIOS default, change Sata Operation to AHCI and disabled Optimus...

Prepared my USB flash drive with the latest version of myHack 3.3.1, using Mavericks 10.9.4 from store and use the Extra_Mav.zip from Jake Lo's tutorial... 

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5660-dell-latitude-e6430e6530-with-nvs5200m-hd4000/

I tried already to use only a external mouse to perform the installation and choose also english as language, all the time the same failure. 

Hope someone can help me. 

Thanks! 

no i don't think so..., the installation stops directly after i choose the language, so i'm not able to select a target disk or anything... can you advise me please how i should do this before? 

Thanks! 

edit1: 

i'm very frustrated now... i'm a absolutly beginer in hackintosh, done my first steps last week by installing a VM but want it now on a native system and reading a lot of tutorials but i din't have luck. 

I tried now to recreat my install usb stick, maybe i do somoething wrong before, by using the step by step documantation here on this site... 

http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/documentation/pre-installation/

Erase the flash drive, run myhack 3.1.1 as documentated... install Extra (bootpack) for the Latitude E6530, load BIOS defaults again, disable optimus and switch to AHCI, Boot mode is set to legacy and secure boot is disabled. Now when i'm trying to boot from my flash drive i got a error message. 

"

boot0:GPT

boot0:error

"

thats all... Before i was able to launch the bootloader and the setup....  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  Tried also a other falsh drive but got the same error... 

As little Information...As i got the error from post one, i partition the local hard drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled), maybe some mistakes here? 

Hopfully it's all clear what i want to say... :D

Thanks! 

edit2:

i boot now from a Windows 7 dvd and started the rescue options to get access to a command line and use the following commands

list disk
select disk 0
clean
convert gpt

same failure as in edit1 on boot from usb flash drive

• Moderators

Your bios settings is fine. Rebuild your installer without the MBR patch. Once booted into the installer, you can reformat your HDD again with diskutil. Make sure to select partition, then you have the option to change the format to GUID instead of MBR.

it's seems i have no luck with OSx... :(

i tried to recreate the installation flash drive, follow the instruction again... Erase the flash drive before and than i start myHack and creat a installer, select NO by the MBR patch but still the same failure if i try to boot from this flash drive... :(

edit1: 

only as information... i prepare the flash drive absolutly in the same way as descripted in the documentation here on this site, select the disk on the left site in diskutil, click on erase tab, choose MAC OS Extended (Jornaled) and click on erase... 

edit2: 

Question... i followed also the instruction from this post: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5660-dell-latitude-e6430e6530-with-nvs5200m-hd4000/?p=29476

Under point 2. Jake Lo advised to use the Extra_ML.zip... later in his notes he advised to use on Extra_Mav.zip for Maverick... so is use only Extra_Mav.zip did i need Extra_ML.zip too? 

Thanks! 

edit3: 

don't ask my why... but it's working now... Installation successfull. Installed Chameleon now to fix the invalid partition table error and at the moment EDP ist running and downloading my files. 

What i have changed? I'm not sure, started again in diskutil, but don't use the erase tab, use now the partition tab and select in option GUID... follow the normal process and it's working well now...! ;-)

Wait now till EDP is finished, if all working well i will come back and will give feedback. 

Thanks! 

edit4: 

after running EDP and overtake the default's for my system the mouse didn't working in OSx, tried serval thinks but nothing helped, reinstall the OSx now again and don't run EDP

• Moderators

Wow, you've been busy.

No Extra_ML if you want to build Mountain Lion and Extra_Mav is you want to build Mavericks.

Glad you got it sorted out. Enjoy.

If anyone is interested, I'm about to guide up a new guide for E6530/E6430 with Optimus enabled (models with discrete NVS5200m). 

Sleep is working but lack HDMI Video/Audio which is working if Optimus is disabled but without sleep. 

You'll have to weigh the benefits of each.