OS X Mavericks on Latitude 13

madman

Hi all,

I have a Dell Latitude 13 laptop that I would like to install OS X Mavericks on.

Is it possible to do and get wifi/graphics-drivers to work?

I successfully installed Niresh OS X Mavericks on my Toshiba Laptop but the drivers did not work..

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Madman

• Administrators

Wifi and graphics will only work if they are supported. But you'll have to tell us what hardware these are to get a better answer... We have a non-exhaustive list of supported/unsupported wireless cards in the relevant R&D section of the forum. For graphics, I recommend you have a look at the wiki on InsanelyMac, it has a lot of information on supported equipment.

Thanks for your reply.

It's either Intel GM45/GE45/GS45 or Intel GMA HD Graphics 4500/4500M as graphics driver.

The WiFi-driver is probably Intel ® WiFi Link 5300/5100/5000 Series WLAN Half Mini Card  I think .

I dont have the computer in front of me at the moment, so that's why I'm a bit insecure.

• Administrators

None of those are supported.

Whilst you could replace the wireless card by a supported model, you can't replace the graphics chip. Since OS X has no support for GMA 4500MHD, it's not worth wasting time pursuing on hackintoshing this laptop in my opinion.