Problem installing ML on D430

Trunyce

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

If you follow my ML guide to the letter, you can't normally go wrong. At least on the initial 64bit initial install (without graphics acceleration). This assumes your initial USB installer is correct and it seems that is not the case...

May be you should start by telling us what you did, step by step, not missing anything you did in the process.

Soon after i wrote the last post, I found it.  I was confused all along in the guide when making the myHack installer usb. I thought I had to copy the bootpack files to myHack usb as soon as it was done.  And i read it again and realized that wasn't what i was supposed to do.  I managed to get Lion 10.7.0 to install but it's so sluggis and trackpad is so slow and it lags.  How do I update to 10.7.5 at this stage now?  After i get lion working 100%, my plan is to get mountain lion installed alongside  of it.  Thanks for all the help guys.

Ok, first thing first.  Can i use the same bootpack for lion? If so, do i update first then copy the bootpack extra folder to the root of drive and repair fix permissions? 

Moreover, i boot in 32bit mode and the white screen comes up before the login screen and the screen just stays black.  What's happening?