Samsung R530 laptop questions

mickeymouse

would it be wise to install a SSD and to upgrade to 8gb of RAM on this device?, kinda thinking to use windows on parralels instead of dual boot.

I have installed a ssd on my Samsung and the performance is so much better!

Is everything working for u? I only did nog managed to het hybernate/ sleepingmode tot work...

After a couple of days of hard labour I managed to install Yosemite on my good old Samsung R530, I followed ####### to prepare the USB installer. So far I have WIFI and sound working. Could not install on HD or SSD, they didn't show up during install, so I had to install on an USB HD. After inserting SSDT and kext as used in Mavericks  this problem was solved. I can only boot Yosemite using the USB  installer.

I guess that's no problem, I cloned the usb HDD to a partition on the internal HDD and installed the latest boot loader. I think you can do the same to the SSD. I can now boot normally Windows 8.1, Mavericks or Yosemite. For the time being I disable sleep in the Preferences.

Oke cool! if you disable sleep mode, can you turnoff the laptop? The problem that I have is that each time when i reboot my laptop the ACHI modem is set to ''auto''. After each reboot i have to disable it and set it to ''achi mode''

Do you also have this problem?