Dell Latitude E6410 nVidia NVS 3100M Dual Screen Issue

audiophile_user

I have also tried to connect a monitor to the VGA port (both on the E6410 and an addtional Dell Dock). Without any luck. I have even the latest Nvidia drivers installed but they only seem to recognize the digital port(s). So I'm thinking the VGA ports are somehow implemented differently by Dell. Or Nvidia doesn't even support the VGA ports on OSX anymore (Haven't seen native VGA ports on Macs since years...). Maybe it could help to try a DP to VGA adapter.

Hmmm. I used to have D820 nVIDIA. i installed NVEnabler at time and dual screen was working via VGA. not sure with the Architectural implementation via DP. I just don't get the whole idea why. some users reported that they cannot set the screens on dual mode and ended up dark screen. both laptop screen and other display. could be the DSDT?

DetectDisplaysOSX.png

by the way it's not my Dell E6410 screen. but i still don't get why i can't make it work properly.

• Administrators

Erm... re: circled missing "Detect Displays" option... 'been like that since ML. Press [Alt] key (or maybe Win key depdending on your keyboard layout)...

You can also use free AppStore tool called DisplayMenu as an alternative. It'll bring you back to what was available in pre-ML days.