Dell Latitude E6410 nVidia NVS 3100M Dual Screen Issue

audiophile_user

• Administrators

I'm not asking you to modify your DSDT, I'm asking you to extract your raw DSDT. That is documented in many places on the Net, including this site. So, you'd find what you need with a little search...

Anyway, since searching by oneself is a major issue in today's world, here's what you need to do:

1) boot OS X without a DSDT file

2) use DSDTEditor or Chameleon Wizard to extract your DSDT and save as a file

3) post it as a zipped file in this thread

If you can't boot OS X without a DSDT file, boot a Linux CD/DVD to do the same. You can also extract the table from Windows, Dinesh has published an extremely detailed thread on the matter in the DSDT section of this forum.

There you are.

Ok lads, got something here...

I've been moaning about external display issues, but i did do some tests.

1st. I have Clover installed and even updated to 10.9.5. System wont detect VGA output, BUT...i've noticed that Fn + F8, which switches the display print, crashes the system. So i thought to give that a try during clover booting, and it works, i got 1080p output on VGA, but main display wont work. I will test shortly with a docking station that has DVI output as well.

2nd. DispayPort, it works, strangely though. I conncected a displayport-to-hdmi adapter which i found laying around, and as soon as you connect it, it will mirror the built in screen on the TV, extended it as the 2nd display, and got 1080p on the screen, though it is impossible to disable the built-in one. And yea, no Audio over DP/HDMI, am though very fine with that since i hate TV amps.

That being said, the displays at 1080p played me three uncompressed 1080p 15gig files without a problem, but dragging windows from a position to a position feels laggy sometimes...

My trying with UEFI Clover got off since it was impossible to boot the HDD through UEFI, and yet the USB worked like a charm.

EDIT: DSDT attached for just in case, please let me know if im using the wrong one cause i definitely dont know which one it is from the massive amount of them i have tested...

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

I think this is a good start. I was thinking of using clover EFI but i might wreck the restored system once again. Please keep us posted :)

Thank You :)

Ok lads, got something here...

I've been moaning about external display issues, but i did do some tests.

1st. I have Clover installed and even updated to 10.9.5. System wont detect VGA output, BUT...i've noticed that Fn + F8, which switches the display print, crashes the system. So i thought to give that a try during clover booting, and it works, i got 1080p output on VGA, but main display wont work. I will test shortly with a docking station that has DVI output as well.

2nd. DispayPort, it works, strangely though. I conncected a displayport-to-hdmi adapter which i found laying around, and as soon as you connect it, it will mirror the built in screen on the TV, extended it as the 2nd display, and got 1080p on the screen, though it is impossible to disable the built-in one. And yea, no Audio over DP/HDMI, am though very fine with that since i hate TV amps.

That being said, the displays at 1080p played me three uncompressed 1080p 15gig files without a problem, but dragging windows from a position to a position feels laggy sometimes...

My trying with UEFI Clover got off since it was impossible to boot the HDD through UEFI, and yet the USB worked like a charm.

EDIT: DSDT attached for just in case, please let me know if im using the wrong one cause i definitely dont know which one it is from the massive amount of them i have tested...

This is the VGA Output, as you can see, a 24 inch monitor connected through VGA, though built-in display is non functional...

As soon as i get home, i will take a picture of the DisplayPort as well...

PS, actually, i highly advise you to get Clover, if you mess things up, it is so easier to work around it...and when i upgraded through app store without any problem to 10.9.5, it just cemented that clover is the future :).

post-61699-0-63892600-1412757029_thumb.jpg

This is the VGA Output, as you can see, a 24 inch monitor connected through VGA, though built-in display is non functional...

As soon as i get home, i will take a picture of the DisplayPort as well...

PS, actually, i highly advise you to get Clover, if you mess things up, it is so easier to work around it...and when i upgraded through app store without any problem to 10.9.5, it just cemented that clover is the future :).

that's nice of you to show it is working :) at least we know that we can isolate the issue now carefully. im just intrigued which options you choose on clover. i installed on a backup spare hard drive but i cannot tell if it's installed or what. i'm still new on that part. i got used to chameleon via myhack.