Screen split into 4! Acer Aspire E1-471G - Yosemite Beta 1

justniell

I made a Yosemite BETA 1 installer with USB and use clover bootloader.. Then I patched DSDT.aml, config.plist and a few important kexts into it.. Everything works great except the screen will suddenly divided itself into 4 screens..

I've been reading articles and I think it is the DSDT which have gone wrong.. I want to edit the DSDT but I dont understand how dsdt works..

The DSDT I'm using was taken from an Acer Laptop with a spec almost identical to mine, it's Acer Aspire E1-471 (mine has 'G' at the end)

You need to disable dualLink on that dsdt. You have a lower resolution than his system more likely. Use an app call Maciasl or link to his file and I'll take a look.

sorry to take long, but I dont know how to disable duallink on DSDT.. I've never even tried it before.. here's the link as to where I got the DSDT from: LINK 

if you could edit it, it would so much help for me. Thanks before

Hi, here is my dsdt.. I extracted it while using Niresh Mavericks 10.9.5 with DSDTExtractcommand, because I don't know how to simply extract dsdt from the system I'm using..

The one attached in this post is my extracted dsdt.aml (from my Acer E1-471G) and here is the one I'm using LINK (from Acer E1-471) which caused me the 4screens problem...

Will you please tell me how to work on DSDT too? So if I bumped into this problem again, I can at least know what I'm doing

dsdt.aml.zip

Did you try the one I attached above? It's for Acer V5-471G

Place it in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ replacing the one you have

I tried it but it won't boot into the installer... I've tried with no dsdt as well, but the result was the same as when I use the DSDT you attached :(

I made another USB installer for Yosemite beta 3 with Chameleon, but I'm stuck at "Waiting for root device"... the Yosemite beta 1 installer is only allow me to get into the installer with the DSDT inside..

I looked through the files from your link. Config.plist and DSDT.aml, neither has dualLink set, so not sure why you'll have 4 screens. Perhaps it's from your SSDT or SSDT-1, do you have that?

No, I never even use SSDT (dont even know what it is)... The installer will only work with that DSDT, config and kexts, if one is removed, it wont get to the installer and will stuck on apple logo..