Dell D620 Broadcom LAN 57xx Not Working

creed205

Hi Guys,

I have a 10.6.6 install on my D620 with Intel graphics. Everything is working from what I can see except for the wired LAN connection. I am able to use wireless but I like to have backup with the wired when needed. I tried a couple of IONetworkingFamily.kexts and an AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext but when using that IONetworking... it caused the wireless to stop working.

Is there a way to get the LAN working?

Thanks!

Mine doesn't work either, so your not alone in this but my backup is another wireless ;)

OMG I just struck gold. I used the attached file and installed it with Kext-Helper and it works on my D620 under 10.6.6. Hopefully it will keep working as I upgrade.

Can you try this and let me know if it works? I would like to have it included in the future updates if it's solid.

AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip

Hey Guys,

I see we have 4 downloads. Did we have any luck with my driver? Just to let you know, my Broadcom device ID is 14e4:1600. If yours is not the same it might not work. My question is, are all the D620s the same? Thanks for trying guys.

abbreviation for Extra/Extensions folder..

Ahh, you know what? I tried it in my E/E and it wouldn't work. I had to use the KEXT Helper (which of course puts it in System/Library/Extentions) and it worked there. What is the difference between the 2 really? I thought that it should work in either location.