DELL D630-NVIDIA- Cpu & gpu temp always above 70º Celsius (Mavericks).

hacaira

Yes, you are right, IDA is enabled, but it does not affect the behavior and it helps to keep temps a bit lower.

I did not changed the settings of CPUSensors plugin's .plist file, it was already set on "100".

Anyway, I did myfix again and changed IDA settings.

The result is the same (CPU=66° - GPU=77° IDLE). I changed the value to "0" in order to troubleshoot, ran myfix (always using "full"), but te result is exactly the same.

It is not very important because the real temps are like before, it is just strange.

Yes, you are right, IDA is enabled, but it does not affect the behavior and it helps to keep temps a bit lower.

I did not changed the settings of CPUSensors plugin's .plist file, it was already set on "100".

Anyway, I did myfix again and changed IDA settings.

The result is the same (CPU=66° - GPU=77° IDLE). I changed the value to "0" in order to troubleshoot, ran myfix (always using "full"), but te result is exactly the same.

It is not very important because the real temps are like before, it is just strange.

Hii, installed Mavericks last week and i am having the exactly same promblems.

CPU 80 and up to 95.

Did you get fixed your temperature problems?

Greetings from denmark :)

• Administrators

As these laptops are getting old, you may want to open it to clean any dust clog in front of the fan grill and/or renew dry thermal paste on the CPU. You could easily gain anything from 20° to 40°C!

Dell support web site has a maintenance manual for the D630 that shows how to dismantle the laptop. It's not very hard but requires a pair of soft hands and a bit of patience.