[Solved] Bluetooth and WiFi stop working plugging in LAN cable

Babar

Hi all,

I successfully made a "Near Vanilla" Mavericks installation with Clover on a Dell E6330 with I7-3540. For Wifi and Bluetooth I purchased an Azurwave module BCM943225HMB and it works, following the Guide of pokenguyen.

The only problem arises when I plug in the LAN cable into the port: bluetooth stops working (the icon on the bar reports "Bluetooth not available" and the WiFi, even if still on, looses any connection (the icon gets grey). The LAN connection works regularly.

If I unplug the LAN cable, Bluetooth becomes again active after almost 20 seconds, while WiFi doesn't recovery anymore (it remains off) and I have to reboot the PC.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Babar

Thank you very much Bronxteck,

you are a genius!! Looking deeply into my BIOS Options I found "power Management" and inside "Wireless Radio Control". This item has two switches "Control WLAN radio" and "Control WWAN radio". Leaving unchecked the first one (WLAN radio) worked!!!

Now, plugging in the LAN cable nothing happens to the radios: WiFi remains connected to the WiFi router, bluetooth keeps on working and the LAN network works without problems.

It would have been great if the WiFi had stopped working while connected via LAN, avoiding a double connection with the router, but I'm happy the same.

Thank you again for your very prompt and crucial help.

Babar