<key>Replace</key>
<data>
BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAAAQAAYAAAAABA2QoAANkKAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAEAACAAAAMAAAAAEFEgAABAAAhwAAAAIE
EgAACAAAhwAAAP8AAQABAAAAQAAAAA8AAAABAQAABAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
</data>

Unfortunately this did not work for me i still have the menu bar issues,

I did add the entry and it appeared under kextstopatch. i added it directly into the config file laid out. could anyone post their working config so i could see where i've gone wrong please?

Here, the file is patched. Go ahead and remove the above code. Install it to SLE and backup the original just in case.

attachicon.gifAppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext.zip

You sir are a legend!  that has fixed my issue.

I have no sound so next i'll try what you have mentioned in this thread and that should fix that. My last question is getting the battery indicator to work, reading around this can be fiddly, any pointers?

Thanks again.

Audio is working after installing voodoo 2.8.7.

However huge white noise on headphone port. muted all microphone ports and playedwith settings no change. Anyone got E5540 headphone port working?

quick search shows this is a common issue on newish Lattitude laptops..

The ALC3226 is ALC292 when you extract it from linux dump. Although your ven/dev might be different. Mine is 80809c20, yours might be 80868c20. Try and see if this works. Patched is made by Joe82

Add this to config.plist

<key>KextsToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>AppleHDA ALC 292 #1</string> <key>Find</key> <data> hBnUEQ== </data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleHDA</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> kgLsEA== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>AppleHDA ALC 292 #2</string> <key>Find</key> <data> hAjsEA== </data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleHDA</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> AAAAAA== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>AppleHDA ALC 292 #3</string> <key>Find</key> <data> hQjsEA== </data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleHDA</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> AAAAAA== </data> </dict> </array>

and this 10.10 or SLE if it doesn't work. attachicon.gifAppleHDAALC.kext.zip

@ Jake Lo

I added the above to my config.plist. , removed voodooHDA and HDAdisabler, added a vanilla stock AppleHDA to SLE and rebooted.

I now, unfortunately, have no sound at all.

I've also added the AppleHDAALC.kext you supplied to both SLE and 10.10 (Extra) and still have no sound.

It seems as if the only time sound works is if I use the VoodooHDA kext, however that doesnt allow for sound through the headphone jack.

You are indeed correct though - my dev/id is  80869C20 Sub Device 102805E0 and Codec ID 10EC0292 (different from yours)

Is there a way to patch this?

Add this to your clover config under kextsToPatch. Credits goes to gygabyte666

I can confirm it works for HD 4400 too!

<key>Comment</key>
<string>Intel 4600/5000 HDMI FB Patch</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
CQAABAAAhwAAAP8AAQABAAAAQAAAAA8AAAABAQAABAAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
EgAACAAAhwAAAP8AAQABAAAAQAAAAA8AAAABAQAABAAA
</data>

I was thinking how could i describe the issues i have but found someone on another forum with the same issue my top bar looks like this, would the above code fix that?

I'm unsure how to put the code in clover configurator..

Loaded my file and gone to kernel and kext patches and can see kextstopatch but confused now :-(

b5dfbf648bc9b4de90342660f6e956ea.png

(Clover) For HD4400, the ig-platform-id must be 0x0d220003 and Fake ID IntelGFX is 0x04128086. It works correctly on my laptop. :)

Here's the patched file by joe82 for the E7440. Can't guarantee if it'll work for yours or not. Remove the patched string above, AppleHDAALC, and install this to SLE. Layoutid=1 in DSDT.

This worked for me. I have DevID 80869C20 and Codec 10EC0292. Installing this AppleHDA.kext on my S/L/E and Layout-id=1 in DSDT fixed it for me. Note that I'm using Clover UEFI with Yosemite 10.10 and my laptop is an E5440.