Yosemite (Final) on E5540 I5-4310U (Haswell) using Clover

rykerza

both internal speakers and headphones work?

Yes! Both the headphones and internal speakers work great. Thank you for the help.

The only issue I still have is that the HDMI Video/Audio output is not working. My Graphics Card is Intel HD 4400. Any ideas? anywhere you can recommend pointing me to?

So had some problems trying to install yosemite on my laptop which has a a haswell processor. Every time i clicked the installer in the boot menu, the screen went black, showed the grey apple screen with the apple logo for less than a second the rebooted. i managed to get pass this problem by patching the haswell kernel, and then booted with the boot flag "kernel". but now when i try to boot to the os x installed hard drive, i get the same problem as i had before, even though i used the same boot flag that fixed the problem before. can anyone help me please?

btw, obviously i used many boot flags to try to fix the problem, bun without success. when i use "-v" and "kernel", i get the following message before rebooting: "boot args: kext-dev-mode=1 -no-zp -v kernel"

• Moderators

This is a clover guide, you don't have to manually patch the Kernel, it can be patch on the fly by enabling 'KernelPM' in the Config file.

If you are using Chameleon, where did you place the patched Kernel?

If on the root of the Installed drive, then enter the following

kernel kext-dev-mode=1 -no-zp -v -f

if in /S/L/K, then

/System/Library/Kernels/kernel kext-dev-mode=1 -no-zp -v -f

Well, if you did patch it and place it in the default directory /S/L/K, then you shouldn't even have to enter the Kernel in the boot flag