OS X 10.10 Yosemite - Dell E6230

Hologos

No worries, I will do that now.

I will update here once completed!

Edit: YOU ARE A CHAMPION AMONG MEN!

Thank you so much! That did the trick. I believe the problem was regarding the HDMI audio choice. Not thinking much of it I placed both 3 and 4 in the S/L/E directory. Going through your steps again I deleted 4 and kept 3, cleared cache and rebooted and low and behold sound.

Thanks for all the help the past few days!

Check this guide for Yosemite.

lost my imessage :( and... try installing clover and got so confused :(

Update... i delete the EFI drive >< 200 MB anyways to recreate it? Aside from reinstallation from scratch?

screw it i'm just going to reinstall - any guide to follow for Closer installation? :)?

lost my imessage :( and... try installing clover and got so confused :(

Update... i delete the EFI drive >< 200 MB anyways to recreate it? Aside from reinstallation from scratch?

screw it i'm just going to reinstall - any guide to follow for Closer installation? :)?

Using this guide for a fresh install I got a can't find /system/library/kernels/kernel on yosemite so i'm installing maverick and moving up ><

this appear on the installer USB or after you installed?

I figured it out, I had 2 drives (that was formatted in HFS) and it create that issue. Now if I have 1 drive or 1 drive + 1 drive that is FAT then there's no issue. I always partition it out early for dual boot. I spend so much time on this :( but i <3 my lappy.

I'm going to stay with maverick until a safe clover guide pops up with imessage and all that good stuff :D

I figured it out, I had 2 drives (that was formatted in HFS) and it create that issue. Now if I have 1 drive or 1 drive + 1 drive that is FAT then there's no issue. I always partition it out early for dual boot. I spend so much time on this :( but i <3 my lappy.

I'm going to stay with maverick until a safe clover guide pops up with imessage and all that good stuff :D

Meant to edit but looks like i reposted ><

Risking Taking --- I'm moving forward in installing Yosemite following this guide https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6372-dell-latitude-5x30-6x30-clover-install-guide/ I'm going to document this - incase anyone wants to attempt this.

I keep getting Kernel Panic off the Installer. It won't even boot up, so I found a solution was putting a NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in the other folder. Now my Yosemite is installing through UFEI USB - A start... I'll see if there's any other issues.

Sorry forgot to document everything but got Clover install with latest 10.10.1 update that was so smooth :). Only issue is I'm stuck with nullcpu :( try messing around with DS/ST stuff too confused and keep getting panic. and gave up I'll stick with the 2 frequencys :D

post-64409-0-42626400-1416557404_thumb.png