E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

I'm using a 256GB SSD, so there should be no problem with 4K sectors. It's unfortunately as I said... I tried everything which is written in the whole wide web and still no luck. And I didn't had this issue with 10.9.5. Not sure which of the changes caused this issue. Maybe I need to wait for an updated Chameleon.

Here's the DisplayPort/HDMI, working in extended mode.

Wish i could get the same combo for VGA.

Also,

Battery is weird again, no steady updates, needs a log-off to update the pecentage, even with SmartBatteryPro, an AutoLock will do the trick too. But both stock and SmartBatteryMonitor icons are dissapearing for a second and comes back for a brief time. It keeps doing that constanly.

Fn + F8 is still deadly, though key during Bootloader switch to get VGA, but thats history. Not sure if Fn + F2 works, quite a hell of a feature if you ask me.

post-61699-0-52017400-1413842960_thumb.jpg

post-61699-0-87710500-1413843019_thumb.jpg

I got way too much distracted today and couldnt keep up track, but i can narrow it down to two things, and i may not make any sense.

i changed this value (config.plist):

<key>Audio</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<string>Detect</string>
		</dict> 

however, i had previously Intel as a sound option, and it is not there anymore, and it might be because i did this:

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DualLink</key>
		<integer>0</integer>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Now, by default Intel is True, at least that is my experience. My CPU does not have a GPU inside, so no point on keeping that there, so i just falsed that. I havent installed any kext, only pasted your ZIP content to /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.10, which i had to create since there wasnt one for Yosemite. There is another folder called Others, i copied everything there, just in case.

Ps, booting with nvda_drv=1 seems to have no whatsoever (different) effect, yet nVidia Web drivers dont install.

EDIT: this is a stupid question, but, how do i make HWSensors show more info? all i get is Disk and Battery.

EDIT2: Forget the audio thing, totally forgot that i installed Yosemite over Mav, i had VoodooHDA installed over, however, i am not sure what enabled it since it did not work initially.

So I had sound working, and in the process of doing that seem to have killed it.  

A couple questions for folks as I head off to bed

1.  Any thoughts on why I seem to have lost the ability to use both VGA and the first DVI out of the dock.  For the longest time, it didn't work,  then yesterday just before I upgraded,  it decided to work again. Now not working.  I think Clover may be a help here, but Im not having too much luck being able to boot with it at the moment.

2.  does kext-dev-mode=1 force anyone else to safe boot?  By this I mean, every time I use this flag,  it states "Safe Boot Detected" and proceeds to boot into safe mode.

With Mavericks i think, you could not install unsigned drivers, with kext-dev-mode=1 you disable that feature allowing you install unsigned kexts.

Also, for me to get VGA to work, i have to press FN + F8 at Bios/Clover period, which switches from internal screen to external, thus leaving the Notebook screen useless. Pressing that Combo in OS X will cause a crash, careful there.

PS, i have Voodoo seem to have installed 2.8.2 during Mavericks times, so thats working...

EDIT: Patel, we seem to have an old FakeSMC, 6.0.1082 to be precise, are there many build tree's outside? i see 6.11 on google?

Sorry for double posting guys, but just got this new info in. Everyone after an upgrade, or having issues with Broadcom 4322 WiFi cards, it seems that the only way to make it work is by changing SMBIOS to MacBookAir5,2. I did, and had kernels panics with ACPI stuff on it. I did revert everything to MacBookPro8,2 except the ROM string, i left it for MBA5***, and WiFi is back :).

nvda_drv=1 did not make any difference with VGA as well, and FN + F8 crashes through it as well. I know it's random but im just reporting for troubleshooting further.

So far, Yosemite has been performing better compared to Mav, but RAM usage has increased a lot as i can tell through the Memory Clean app.

Sorry for double posting guys, but just got this new info in. Everyone after an upgrade, or having issues with Broadcom 4322 WiFi cards, it seems that the only way to make it work is by changing SMBIOS to MacBookAir5,2. I did, and had kernels panics with ACPI stuff on it. I did revert everything to MacBookPro8,2 except the ROM string, i left it for MBA5***, and WiFi is back :).

nvda_drv=1 did not make any difference with VGA as well, and FN + F8 crashes through it as well. I know it's random but im just reporting for troubleshooting further.

So far, Yosemite has been performing better compared to Mav, but RAM usage has increased a lot as i can tell through the Memory Clean app.

Have you tried any other MacBook Pro strings? How does the MacBookPro5,1 fair?

After more testing, Im beginning to think some of my inconsistency could be dock related. When my laptop wasn't in the dock, it seems that kext-dev-mode=1 didn't force me into safe mode(could be a coincidence). But with that flag working, sound now works.  

It should be noted that at first it didn't look like sound was working, because if you hit the volume buttons it shoes a circle slash symbol.  However,  this was because the output setting in the sound Preference Pane was set to HDMI Audio. When I set it to speaker(Analog) it started working.

Will share more as I learn it