E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

Yo Patel.

As you know, have working Yosemite on my E6410 with Chameleon. But I want to test Clover. I played around a little bit with it but I can't get further than a KP "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu....."

Kexts like FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement are placed in 10.10 Folder...

Do you have any hints or advices for me?

For odd reasons, wifi broke again. I will try different Smbios entries until i sort it out, it's quite a handicap without wifi

Sure ako, i have the same issue when i change the smbios, so we might be in the same mess. Change it back to macbookpro8,2, clover will let u edit those during boot just for booting properly

For those of you with the ACPI kernel panics, make sure you are using the rolled back AppleACPIPlatform.kext (you can find a working one in the zip file) and you REMOVE the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and the IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.

Unfortunately I can't test much during this week (work's got me busy), so I'm sorry about that. Hopefully the weekends will give me some time to tinker with the audio or Clover...

EDIT: I forgot to mention you can put the rolled back kext in the 10.10 folder. As long as it's removed from /S/L/E, it should be read from there.

I begin to hate Clover... though I liked the Cloverfield movie  <_<

Pluto I tried your smbios thing I think, am not sure if I did it correct... (Can you maybe upload your working Clover config.plist file)

and I tried your removals patel, removed AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext from /S/L/E and put the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from your ZIP in /E/C/K/10.10

Still ACPI stops like seen in the attached image:

post-47417-0-97622900-1413978509_thumb.jpg

Ako, AppleACPIPlatform.kext goes to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10

You have to mount your EFI drive, use Clover Configurator for that. For SMBIOS, you can temporarely change it in Clover during boot in the options just so you can boot, change anything that is MacBookProx,x to MacBookAir5,2 , we'll investigate the best entry soon. Also Clover Configurator can generate you a SMBIOS automatically for you.

Dr. Monkey, were you able to get Dual display to work? Both with and without the dock?

• Like 1