E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

What about the Notebook Display, did you get that one to work in Dual mode?

It seems Fn + F8 switches from either to VGA or Main Display, and not to ignore the fact that the Main Display is detected as an external, hence the Display picture literary in the System Preferences...

Again, sorry for indirectly double posting.

I have tested every possible SMBIOS entry, only MacBookAir5,2 gives me WiFi, and i did not get one single ACPI kernel panic this time, strange stuff.

SmartBatteryMonitor has started to show quite accurate results, not sure why, though the app itself is not yet Yosemite ready and flickers in the icon bar. Stock battery is useless

I have also updated FakeSMC with that of RehabMans, HWMonitor shows a lot more information, and a very hot disk.

I tried updating a few other kexts and ended up with them not working, i really dislike the fact that we dont have a sort of Driver Scanning tool or website, cause windows has tons of them, it would be really good to keep track of kext versions and stay up-to-date.

PS, have any of you guys tested the Hidden BOOT Manager on our devices, UEFI boot could be fixed that way.

Hey guys.

I managed the issue with ACPI in another way. I found a config.plist file for another Dell Laptop and got beyond the ACPI KP with it. All I had to do then was inject Nvidia and voila...

Now I have a working Yosemite with Clover and much more important a otb working iMessage. I love Clover... now!

I have still issues with sound. I can't adjust the volume. Any news regarding this issue?

I've made a major screw up, whike watching a football match in Flash/Chrome, screen got stuck, nothing worked, absolute freeze, yet there was steady sound in the background...ive turned it off, woke up, turned it on, it wont boot, not even single user mode.

GeforceSensors: still waiting for accelerator to start...

And boom, a circle with a diagional line telling me systen is effed up.

However, i did put a minisd to sd adapter in the card reader, guess what, that was the major screw up. I think VoodooSDHC.kext is not functional, i did have freezes with sd card in Mav as well.

@ako, when you inject a kext (bootloader extra or clover path) you usually ignore other files that would install during a manual installation. You need the Voodoo prefpane :)

I've made a major screw up, whike watching a football match in Flash/Chrome, screen got stuck, nothing worked, absolute freeze, yet there was steady sound in the background...ive turned it off, woke up, turned it on, it wont boot, not even single user mode.

GeforceSensors: still waiting for accelerator to start...

And boom, a circle with a diagional line telling me systen is effed up.

However, i did put a minisd to sd adapter in the card reader, guess what, that was the major screw up. I think VoodooSDHC.kext is not functional, i did have freezes with sd card in Mav as well.

Interesting... I just tried with a normal sd card and it worked OK (kinda... Had to boot with the card inserted). It still seems a bit awkward though, so I may just remove it from the zip file until it's updated.

Good find though! I could honestly say I wouldn't have remembered to check that :P

Those adapters especially, i thought they are passive, but it must've screwed up my system as i was watching the stream, i remember now that is exactly when i tried the adapter, with no microsd attached. To be honest, if there would be a list of requests, this would be the last one.

Another find, HWMonitor with the updated FakeSMC shows accurate battery percentage, now that annoys me.

Greetings!

Hi, newbie here.

First of all, thanks to patel4prez for the guide.

This is my first time.

Help pls.

I'm getting these after Yosemite install...

Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Can't find /mach_kernel

Press any key to continue...

Then i boot using E6410Y, it leads me to setup process.

I perform post install procedures.

After ejecting E6410Y and booting, system says no bootable drive.

Thank you for help.

btw... I'm using 6410 nvidia 6GB RAM