E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

As for mine, when i boot from usb i get black screen with progress bar then login screen appears.

Now i am running Yosemite.

That's the same for me now ;)

It's strange, because the kernel file does exists... I hope patel4prez is able to fix this (and I think he can)

I upgraded 10.9.5 to 10.10 on MBR partition. The audio did not work after upgrading. I tried different versions of Voodoo still no luck.

I fixed by doing the following settings.

1) Removed AppleHDADisabler.kext from /Extra and /S/L/E, removed VoodooHDA.kext

2) With Chameleon Wizard, turn on HDAEnabler, kext_dev_mode=1

Reboot, it works.

• Like 1

Okay, I reinstalled OS X and I'm able to boot without using the USB now. Something I'm missing though is the Audio. It doesn't works.

Is there a fix for this? I tried VoodooHDA but that had no positive result.

After creating the install USB 3 times and 5 re-installs, I got Yosemite working without booting from USB.

I noticed on the 5th install in disk utility, it got problems formatting the disk.

Then i re-applied formatting partition and it got successful.

During the last 4 installs, the partition size after applying is 320GB.

On the 5th install, size is 319.xxGB.

Now, i wait for audio fix.

Hope this helps to those who got the same error as I did.

Well, i remember that Clover did not inject well VoodooHDA, and installing exactly the kext with kext utilities did the job, with a permission check and cache rebuild as well.

As for anyone sick of the unreliable battery output, HWMonitor seems to have the option to change the menubar icon with a battery percentage one which refreshes and updates in real time and is very reliable. Both stock battery and SlimBatteryPlus have failed me a lot in this case. PS, HWMonitor needs a newer FakeSMC to be able to output such information.

PS, latest clover update has speeded things up a bit, not sure how this can be achieved but system is crispier and boots way faster then the previous version.

Okay, I reinstalled OS X and I'm able to boot without using the USB now. Something I'm missing though is the Audio. It doesn't works.

Is there a fix for this? I tried VoodooHDA but that had no positive result.

Hi Everyone -

First thank you Patel for the amazing guides! Also let me say that I am still new to this although I followed Patel's Maverick's guide also.

I have gone through the Yosemite install and now get "No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine" when I try to restart. If I boot from the USB drive I can select it from the "boot from" menu which I believe is in Chameleon menu (?) and boot into Yosemite just fine - however if I select the hard drive in the Chameleon boot menu it gives me the "Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel" and "Can't find /mach_kernel" errors which is strange as I opened up chameleon wizard in Yosemite (downloaded new version) and after selecting the .plist file it doesn't reference the mach_kernel etc.

From what I understand it looks like the files are in the right place, it just doesn't find the hard drive when I try to boot... BIOS settings are all correct as far as I can tell too.

Does anyone have any idea how I can make it boot directly from the hard drive? If it helps I have the same spec's as Patel's machine (see below) and while I did have issues the first couple of tries this is the furthest I've made it and have all of my information ported over so saving this install would be great!

Here are the specs:

• 2.40 GHz Intel Core i5
  • 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Just added another module)
  • NVS 3100M 512 MB
  • BIOS version A14
  • Hard Drive: 250GB
  • Broadcom Wireless card (works fine)

Thanks for any help!

draynoe, i have a question, and the answer might give you a workaround for your issue and a answer for a question i had for weeks.

I have noticed this hidden boot manager, it seems to be unreported even by dell, and i accidentally got it.

After the BIOS does the POST, start pressing the Left Arrow Key repeatedly and tell me if you got in that menu? If yes, booting to system will be cake easy until you resolve the auto detection (or wrong installation), but if chameleon is there, the menu will detect it.

Try booting to the installer drive (E6410Y) after installing, not the drive or partition you installed to. Sometimes I've found it boots to the setup screen on the drive/partition with Yosemite, but other times it will just boot to the installation setup. If it gets to the installation setup, open up a Terminal window (utilities, terminal), and run these commands:

mkdir /Volumes/[nameofpartitionwithYosemite]/System/Library/Kernels

cp -R /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/[nameofpartitionwithYosemite]/System/Library/Kernels

Then reboot to the bootloader on the flash drive and pick the Yosemite partition.