E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

I had many testing recently. I even don't remember what I did.

Basically, I followed the GUIDE to install 10.9.4, then upgraded to 10.9.5 and made everything working except sleeping.

My laptop is E6410, i7, NV 3100. I installed Windows 7 and Mavericks. Bootloader is Chameleon. The bootloader is installed in Mavericks partition. The harddisk is MBR partition.

After I upgraded to Yosemite, the audio did not work. I tried Voodoo and others. None of them worked. Eventually, I removed Voodoo, but turned the HDAEnabler on, it works.

Later on, I tried the fresh installation of Yosemite. The trick did not work. I have to install Voodoo2.86.pkg and use HDAEnabler on. Please use pkg to install the driver. It will remove AppleHDA and install Voodoo properly. Reboot is requred. For some reason, I had to install couple of times.

Let me know what you have.

Thanks, 

Thanks Wuerge  for your answer

As you can see in my signature, my system is similar to yours except for the cpu which is i5 in my case.

I was wondering if I should follow the upgrade path or the new installation path to upgrade to Yosemite. And I was considering too your solution for sound. I just saw that Patel has published his patch for sound so I will try that before. 

I think I will first try the upgrade path in Patel's guide and if I am not successful, the full installation later on.

I'll give news after. 

Thanks Wuerge  for your answer

As you can see in my signature, my system is similar to yours except for the cpu which is i5 in my case.

I was wondering if I should follow the upgrade path or the new installation path to upgrade to Yosemite. And I was considering too your solution for sound. I just saw that Patel has published his patch for sound so I will try that before. 

I think I will first try the upgrade path in Patel's guide and if I am not successful, the full installation later on. But in org,chameleon.Boot.plist, I added HDAEnabler Yes.

I'll give news after. 

I think patel's AudioUpdate.sh will work well. I am doing the same way manually. But I added HDAEnabler=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

I cannot troubleshoot your issue, but even to my knowledge i think you are not having a KP.

To ensure you a working system, i have uploaded all the necessary files needed. I have not installed anything in /S/L/E, so everything i need is at Clover, though remember for audio you may need to delete a few files in /S/L/E.

Most of the files are from the original guide thread so credits to patel4prez for them, however, i have updated a few kext for my own needs.

Just overwrite the Clover folder, however make a backup of your stuff first.

CLOVER_FILES@pCloud

EDIT: and yea, make sure you update Clover as well.