E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

I tried to install CLOVER on UEFI, with the option to write the scripts onto EFI partition, but it didn't make it, I had to copy the files on the EFI partition manually, then rebooted and change in the BIOS to UEFI boot and now I have a "bootloader" working, but once I try to boot the "Yosemite" it only gets on to another black screen, I think I need to add some configs files to boot properly, but sincerely I prefer to boot on USB rather than mess with the clover config.

Late night, I would install windows to update my BIOS to A16, i'm currently on A12, maybe the update would help.

@patel4prez

Hi,

I tried twice to install Yosemite following your guide upgrade path. I tried with two different usb keys. My problem start when I get to line 32 and 33 of the Installation guide. Line 32 says that the machine should reboot, upon that Press F12 to boot from "USB Storage Device". Line 33 says: Let it boot to the drive/partition that you installed Yosemite to. Well my problem starts here. When the machine boots from the "USB Storage device", it just starts to reinstall the OS. No other choice is offered. If I let it go (so I did one time), it goes through the installation of the OS, starting with the choice of language, etc. So I am in a loop . It never goes to desktop. If I try to boot from the drive I installed Yosemite on , the machine does not boot as it does not find a bootloader as the "Post Installation procedure was not done. Any idea what is going on ? Did I failed somewhere in the process ? Can you tell me what normally happens at steps 32 and 33. It seems my problem is there.

Thanks in advance fro your help.

Note that my installation of Mavericks was done without problem and that I am upgrading (at least trying) Yosemite on a clone copy of my HDD, so I won't loose my working OS.

@patel4prez

Hi,

I tried twice to install Yosemite following your guide upgrade path. I tried with two different usb keys. My problem start when I get to line 32 and 33 of the Installation guide. Line 32 says that the machine should reboot, upon that Press F12 to boot from "USB Storage Device". Line 33 says: Let it boot to the drive/partition that you installed Yosemite to. Well my problem starts here. When the machine boots from the "USB Storage device", it just starts to reinstall the OS. No other choice is offered. If I let it go (so I did one time), it goes through the installation of the OS, starting with the choice of language, etc. So I am in a loop . It never goes to desktop. If I try to boot from the drive I installed Yosemite on , the machine does not boot as it does not find a bootloader as the "Post Installation procedure was not done. Any idea what is going on ? Did I failed somewhere in the process ? Can you tell me what normally happens at steps 32 and 33. It seems my problem is there.

Thanks in advance fro your help.

Note that my installation of Mavericks was done without problem and that I am upgrading (at least trying) Yosemite on a clone copy of my HDD, so I won't loose my working OS.

What I figured out in this installation is that if you are on BIOS version "A12" it wont work, I don't know if the version "A13" do the trick because I jumped directly to "A16", so once you have the latest version (at this time A16) you would be able to boot in the drive you are installing Yosemite, (step 32, 33).

I have splendid news people, got Dual Screen to work together with the Built-In with VGA (no docking station)

I did it all with the official wiki help: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Graphics

Also, strangely, video feels crispier, and i feel better overall GUI reaction.

Attached a screeny and a picture i took, also the config.plist for Clover.

EDIT: PS, i suspect i broke DisplayPort (notice it detects the internal one as DisplayPort), will report later if it works.

EDIT2: false suspect, in fact, DisplayPort works way better and now i dont need FN + F8 neither on DP nor on VGA :). No Sound however...

post-61699-0-75254400-1418131445_thumb.jpg

post-61699-0-36555000-1418131478_thumb.png

config.plist.zip

• Like 2

What I figured out in this installation is that if you are on BIOS version "A12" it wont work, I don't know if the version "A13" do the trick because I jumped directly to "A16", so once you have the latest version (at this time A16) you would be able to boot in the drive you are installing Yosemite, (step 32, 33).

Thanks for your answer but I am already on bios A16. So it seems some thing else is going on.