E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

I'm a noob, so please bear with me if this question is dumb...

...but my machine came with a non-compatible wifi card in it (the Centrino one). 

Can I just buy this one (http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-DW1520-BCM4322-Wireless-AGN-Half-MINI-PCI-E-Broadcom-BCM943224HMS-WIFI-Card-/250914640818?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6bad93b2) and plop it in to make it work?

Or do wifi cards not work that way?

If you managed to install OS X using the guide, then yes, once it's installed, it should work without a problem :)

No, that card is whitelisted and will need to use SMBios of MBA 5.1 or 5.2 and install ToledaART.kext to make it work. Info here.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC1.A0.H0.Xdw1510.TRS0&_nkw=dw1510&ghostText=&_sacat=0 would work OOB.

Yes, my mistake. I thought it was a DW1510, but it is in fact a 1520. Sorry about that!

The 1510 BCM4322 is the one that should work with this install.

Hi everybody!

Mine is quite fine. I installed and configured step by step as described.

I tested all components and it works...but no WIFI. :-(

I don't know what happens. Since 2 days I'm trying to figured out how to enable it.

My bluetooth works fine (I still use a trackpad) but no Wireless.

Can somebody explain me where I can find it (kext?) and how to enable it?

Hope I will solved it soon.

Thanks for  your help!

PS: btw no iMessage nor Facetime but I don't use it right now.

Regards.

Hi Jake Lo,

sorry. I have a DW1510 BCM94322. I had last week Windows 10 (Technical) for test and Wireless was working perfectly.

That's why I can't understand why it's simply not recognized on my Yosemite.

I also tried the WIFI temporary method from Genokiller (by changing the airportd and IO80211Family.kext). No results.

When I go then to System preferences -> Network -> Assistant -> Diagnostic my WIFI is grey :-(

Hi Jake Lo,

sorry. I have a DW1510 BCM94322. I had last week Windows 10 (Technical) for test and Wireless was working perfectly.

That's why I can't understand why it's simply not recognized on my Yosemite.

I also tried the WIFI temporary method from Genokiller (by changing the airportd and IO80211Family.kext). No results.

When I go then to System preferences -> Network -> Assistant -> Diagnostic my WIFI is grey :-(

This card is supported by Yosemite. You have 2 choices to make it work

1. Change the SMBIOS to MacBookAir5,2 which is the easiest and you do not have to do anything further.
  2. If you do not want to change SMBIOS, you have to patch AirPortBrcm4360.kext. Do a binary patch using some hex tool. Look for the text "Mac-2E6FAB96566FE58C" without the quote and replace it by your board id (ioreg -l | grep "board-id" | awk -F\" '{print $4}'). Rebuild the cache and then reboot. If you use clover, you can use clover to patch without touching the binary.

I had this card on my Dell. I took it out and replace it by a BCM94352 WIFI/BT combo card. This card is now installed on my Asus Z97i-Plus running Yosemite 10.10.2.

Hope this helps.

Okay, so all is well...

Now I'm trying to tinker it up. Is there a way to make the computer boot directly to the Macintosh HD drive?

When it boots up, I see these things:

1) the Dell splash screen (okay, but I'd like to hide this too like a real Mac)

2) black screen with a brief spattering of white text in the top left corner (would like this to just be a pale blue screen if possible like a Mac)

3) gray Bootcampy launch screen with Macintosh HD partition and little arrow beneath it. This is, especially, what I'd like to "fix."  Is there a way to set Chameleon, Dell, or Yosemite preferences to just skip this screen and boot directly into that one partition? I have nowhere else for it to load from anyway.

Thanks!

Micah

• Moderators

@micahfaulkner75

1) that's Dell post boot screen, can't remove it unless you know how to hack the BIOS

2) that's Chameleon boot loader, can't remove that as well

3) Change o.c.b.p BootFlag from "timeout or instant menu" to "quiet boot". You can use Chameleon Wizard to do that.