E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

i have made a WiFi observation. Whatever the connection and signal quality, it seems it negotiates the link between AP's only with 1mbit, even though speeds are fine generally.

Also, the WiFi drops seems to come from certificate authentications, meaning enterprise security only.

Newb to the hackintosh scene...

I've followed the guide at least 5 times, recreating the usb key each time.  Upon boot, i get a grey screen with an apple logo and a status bar, yay... after a minute or so that apple logo turns into a large circle or "O" with a single cross through it.  like a warning/danger sign.

i've got an e6410 with an intel wifi card (I know i'll have to buy a new one, but i want to get Yosemite installed first) and the nvidia nvs 3100m.  i was on bios a12, i upgraded to a16, no change.

EDIT: If i boot with the -v flag i eventually go from a gray background to a black background, it looks like it spits out a few errors, but they pass by pretty quickly, then it initializes the touchpad and then it starts complaining that it's waiting for the root device

I tried a different usb stick, no difference.  I tried dart=0 no change.  I tried disabling features in the bios (card reader, webcam, wireless, etc) got kernel panics...  set bios back to default, then made changes per guide and got same behavior when booting.

tried booting now with "-v -x -f" i got another kenel panic.

here's a thought, i'm trying to install 10.10.2 it's the version the app store downloaded.  Could that be the cause of my problem?  Dumb question but if so how do i download an older version?

Also when i downloaded the E6410Y file the copy of diskmaker 4b4 is bad.  I get an error that says it is damaged and cannot be opened and to move it to the trash.  i downloaded diskmaker 4b4 from the main site page, but it makes me wonder if diskmaker is corrupt could anything else be corrupt in the download pack.  I tried downloading the E6410Y pack 3 times and each time diskmaker was corrupt.

here's a thought, i'm trying to install 10.10.2 it's the version the app store downloaded. Could that be the cause of my problem? Dumb question but if so how do i download an older version?

Also when i downloaded the E6410Y file the copy of diskmaker 4b4 is bad. I get an error that says it is damaged and cannot be opened and to move it to the trash. i downloaded diskmaker 4b4 from the main site page, but it makes me wonder if diskmaker is corrupt could anything else be corrupt in the download pack. I tried downloading the E6410Y pack 3 times and each time diskmaker was corrupt.

It's possible that the zip could be a bad upload. I'll try and reupload it today.

Also, the guide works with 10.10.2 with the nVidia graphics. Tried it myself on a clean build.

I don't know if i'll call this a success just yet, but instead of using the files from the e6410y pack, i found this post from PlutoDelic.  https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7377-e6410-nvidia-yosemite-help-thread/page-8&do=findComment&comment=45513

I downloaded clover and used his Clover-Pack, i got it to boot off the usb key and i'm at an install screen right now.