E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

And not a success, the installer only sees my usb stick, it does not see my hard drive...

EDIT: Confirmed drive is set to AHCI mode in bios, booting in -v mode i see the following

GeforceSensors: still waiting for accelerator to start...

SerialATAPI device reconfiguration did not complete successfully (failedCommandInfo = 0x1)

SerialATAPI Terminating due to unrecoverable Reset error - drive has stopped responding (resetType = 0x0, newPowerState=0x1, failedCommandInfo=0x1)

IOAHCIBlockStorageDriver: coudl not recover SATA HDD after 5 attemps, terminating

EDIT 2: i've tried booting with -x, -f, GraphicsEnabler=No, and i tried removing the SMCMotionSensor.kext and none helped my problem.  If i boot into the installer and go to Utilies-SystemInfo and look at the Sata information i see the following

post-75863-0-54490800-1428006022_thumb.jpg

I've made a major screw up, whike watching a football match in Flash/Chrome, screen got stuck, nothing worked, absolute freeze, yet there was steady sound in the background...ive turned it off, woke up, turned it on, it wont boot, not even single user mode.

GeforceSensors: still waiting for accelerator to start...

And boom, a circle with a diagional line telling me systen is effed up.

However, i did put a minisd to sd adapter in the card reader, guess what, that was the major screw up. I think VoodooSDHC.kext is not functional, i did have freezes with sd card in Mav as well.

@ako, when you inject a kext (bootloader extra or clover path) you usually ignore other files that would install during a manual installation. You need the Voodoo prefpane :)

JESUS CHRIST, this was my problem, the installer wasn't seeing my hard drive because i had a microsd adapter in there, no microsd card i just kept the adapter in the laptop to have it when i need it.... now it works.. i've been at this for days, i never even thought to check the microsd adapter... i'm flabbergasted that this was the issue.

I don't know if all installs are this hairy with a hackintosh, but i'm having yet another problem.  I'm running Clover right now, i can boot off a usb key and select the osx install on the local hdd and it boots just fine.  I've installed clover to the hdd over a dozen times trying different methods and different walkthroughs and it's just not loading off the hdd.  the bios can't find the boot loader and reports no bootable system drive...  I also can't get iMessage or FaceTime working, but those are secondary.  I just ordered a dw1510 so hopefully i should have wifi soon.

EDIT: Ok, the clover issue was resolved by formatting the hdd and doing a fresh install.  I now have everything working except for iMessage/Facetime, sleep (no surprise), and wifi until i get my new wifi card.

Looking for some help, I am in the same boat as anaxagoras, I am trying to make a working installer from a 10.10.2 appstore update download.  My hardware is almost identical to patel4pres, except no bluetooth and no web cam. I get a kernel panic while the alps touchpad kext is loading, although it sometimes looks like it loads correctly as the kernel panic happens.  I can't get clover stick to boot at all, says unable to boot device.  I have a theory tho, I am currently running Mavericks using patel4pres other instructions, but I made that boot disk from a VM on my xps 15.  I am trying to make the new boot disk on the e6410.  Anybody out there successfully use their e6410 to make a boot disk?  Maybe there is an issue with the usb kext making for incomplete copies of some critical files or something.  Just a thought.

Edit #1

Downloading 10.10 on my mavericks vm, going to try setting up a boot stick from that and see what happens

Edit # 2 

No dice, hangs at same point with installer setup under vm, not sure if it is the touchpad kext that is causing the actual problem but it halts at the same point every time.

Edit # 3

I am on bios version A16, anaxagoras, what version are you on?  patel4prez? Just checked anaxagoras was on A12 and updated to A16...

Edit # 4

Finally have a working yosemite install, was trying to use a 10.10.2 installer, switched to a 10.10 and it finally works, now to see about updates...

Okay for those having problems creating the installer, I've re-created and re-uploaded the zip in case of possible corruption.

FWIW, I didn't find anything wrong (in terms of corruption) with the zip that was already uploaded...

Looking for some help, I am in the same boat as anaxagoras, I am trying to make a working installer from a 10.10.2 appstore update download.  My hardware is almost identical to patel4pres, except no bluetooth and no web cam. I get a kernel panic while the alps touchpad kext is loading, although it sometimes looks like it loads correctly as the kernel panic happens.  I can't get clover stick to boot at all, says unable to boot device.  I have a theory tho, I am currently running Mavericks using patel4pres other instructions, but I made that boot disk from a VM on my xps 15.  I am trying to make the new boot disk on the e6410.  Anybody out there successfully use their e6410 to make a boot disk?  Maybe there is an issue with the usb kext making for incomplete copies of some critical files or something.  Just a thought.

Edit #1

Downloading 10.10 on my mavericks vm, going to try setting up a boot stick from that and see what happens

Edit # 2 

No dice, hangs at same point with installer setup under vm, not sure if it is the touchpad kext that is causing the actual problem but it halts at the same point every time.

Edit # 3

I am on bios version A16, anaxagoras, what version are you on?  patel4prez? Just checked anaxagoras was on A12 and updated to A16...

I'm on A16 and have created multiple usb installers just fine on my 6410...

I'll try again tonight, see if the new zip helps.  Just for kicks I will try another flash drive, even though I was using the exact same flash drive I used to install Mavericks.  Wouldn't bother with Yosemite at all but want to try out the Office beta and will need to eventually run Office 2016 on this machine until I can afford a real Mac and Office 2016 only runs on Yosemite.

The Mavericks install runs beautifully, must give big kudos for your guide patel4prez.  Great work.

Edit #1 

Three attempts to download new files, once with chrome and twice with safari, and the diskmaker app is corrupt everytime...

Trying on the vm now...

Edit #2

Vm download worked, creating usb key, crossing all digits and wearing all lucky items of clothing...  ;)

Not having any luck, hangs at the same point.  I'll keep playing around but if anyone has any suggestions I am open to them.  I do appreciate the help so far though, I know you guys are just doing this to help out and don't owe me a thing. :-P

Edit   Finally have  a working install, it appears my installer was the issue...

Hi everybody!

Since few days, my WIFI still doesn't work (couldn't set in "On" but...I "accidentally" installed yesterday the combo 10.10.3 on my E6410 machine (I was in 10.10.1 before) and guess what?

WIFI works great!!! I also tried the new Photos.app

I only rollback the Audio via audio update.sh! Everything is there and still works nicely. So far so good, :-D

Sleep mode works too (I tested a few minutes) but then I put my laptop in sleep mode all night long and this morning it didn't "wake" up.

For me it's not so relevant. Hope everybody can update to 10.10.3 (via combo update or Mac store) without any issues.

Let's see tonight if I can use my HDMI/VGA port too. ;-)