E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

Hi All,

Followed patel4prez guide and built successfully Yosemite (10.10.3) on Dell E6410 (refer to signature for specs) with puzzling issue:

• only way to get successfully boot into USB install was to use boot option nv_disable=1, otherwise after the status bar with apple logo fully loaded the screen on laptop would go black
  • same behaviour occurs after installing Yosetime onto SSD and booting using Chameleon-2.2svn-r2401, require nv_disable=1 as boot argument otherwise screen goes black after load and never get to see login screen
  • I used kernel uploaded by froggymike911 to overcome KP for i7 (post #164)

Has anyone seen this behaviour (screen going black without boot flag nv_disable=1) and know why this would be happening?

Appriciate any thoughts on the matter.

It seems, injecting EDID parameters in Clover/Chameleon messes up the internal options of any screen attached in VGA. For odd reasons, i have a 23" that shows 1080p at OS X, but in Windows it wont go further then 1024x768, it actually shows that resolution as Native. What a ridiculous issue.

PS, i have found out that the BIOS/UEFI is way less strict in detecting EFI partitions in the secondary SATA port, which is the Optical interface (i have a 2nd HDD installed), will investigate further in to this. So far, i havent found an EASY WAY for UEFI boot.

EDIT: anyone have any idea why some drives are mounted as external drives, the 2nd HDD is actually OS X and it detects and mounts itself as a Yellow Icon, exactly like the external hard drives? Interestingly though, i think HDD I/O times feel faster.

Hi

I have follow patel4prez  guide and successfully install yosemite but still have an issue:

- Cannot boot from HDD, error message is "boot0:error". already try copy boot1h but nothing work. So i need yosemite usb to boot to hdd

- I install Yosemite on PC with pre-installed windows 10, and have no more primary partition slot (currently using MBR HDD). So i create a logical drive and format it with Disk Utility.

- My laptop has same specs as the guide except update to bios A16.

So i wonder is what is the problem, and any solution without reinstall windows (already install a lot of software so reinstall it will be troublesome)

• Administrators

"boot0:error" is typical 4K sector HDD issue. I would suggest you boot into your USB installer having copied a Chameleon i386 folder (with all boot files) onto it, then unmount your HDD and install the boot1h file to it. You cannot just copy the file to your existing partition.

Once you've properly installed the boot1h file, you should then be able to boot your HDD directly.

• Like 1

• Administrators

The command is overall correct, but check that you use the correct path for boot1h file. Plain if=boot1h assumes the file is in the current directory. Ther output file points to the hardware device identified against your "Volumes/" file system in the df Terminal command.

In case you did not know it:

• if parameter of dd command means input file
  • of parameter of dd command means output file
  • Like 1

I already check the correct path for boot1h file. If i use the wrong path it's will have a error message about coudn't find boot1h, pretty sure that i have install boot1h properly. I wonder if i could use window tool like easybcd to edit windows boot menu and add macosx partition to it ?

For those of you with the ACPI kernel panics, make sure you are using the rolled back AppleACPIPlatform.kext (you can find a working one in the zip file) and you REMOVE the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and the IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.

Unfortunately I can't test much during this week (work's got me busy), so I'm sorry about that. Hopefully the weekends will give me some time to tinker with the audio or Clover...

EDIT: I forgot to mention you can put the rolled back kext in the 10.10 folder. As long as it's removed from /S/L/E, it should be read from there.

I'm a noob. I used DiskMaker and the chameleon included in the E6410 Y folder. How do I do this to an installer?