E6410 Intel - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

How about a more specific question. Since Clover allows you to inject kexts at startup, if I set clover to inject those kext files, would that work?  Or would I need to delete certain OEM kext files from S/L/E to avoid conflicts?  Also, has the DSDT file in the guide been modified?

Hey huskerphile,

There's a good discussion going on about Clover in the nVidia thread (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7377-e6410-nvidia-yosemite-help-thread/). PlutoDelic has managed to successfully install Clover on his machine. Take a look at his posts over there. 

Unfortunately I haven't tested it yet, as I am quite busy and haven't had much time to experiment, so if you try it, be prepared to not be able to boot into your system for a while :P.

Hello Everyone, I have encountered some problems and looking for any incite and help!
     let me start off with my specs and what I am working with and assume that I am following the instructions verbatim as written. 
  • intel HD,
  • BIOS A16
  • 8gb DDr3
  • 128SSD primary (Windows 8.1 NTFS) 
  • 250HDD secondary (2 partitions/ (128GB)OSx (122GB)ExFAT "for personal data exchange"))- bios boot priority reads this drive as "Modular Bay" (I have a HDD Caddy replacing the cd-rom drive Because I don't use CD's anymore) 
  • Dell Docking station with 2 - Dell 20in monitors( Left 1st primary DVI - Right secondary VGA )
  • Virtual Machine on Windows 8.1 with VmWare image of OSx Mavericks to create the flash drive 
  • Yosemite Downloaded from the App Store

• Creating the Installer Step: #24 InstallerPrep_E6410-Intel.sh  results:
Last login: Sun Nov 23 19:20:06 on console
users-Mac:~ user$ sudo /Users/user/Downloads/E6410\ Y/Scripts/InstallerPrep_E6410-Intel.sh 
Password:
Installing Kernel...
Installing Extra...
Removing Problematic Kexts...
Copying E6410 Y folder to installation drive...
/Users/user/Downloads/E6410 Y/Scripts/InstallerPrep_E6410-Intel.sh: line 25: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
/Users/user/Downloads/E6410 Y/Scripts/InstallerPrep_E6410-Intel.sh: line 26: syntax error: unexpected end of file
users-Mac:~ user$ 
users-Mac:~ user$ 

• Installation Results
Now The Error:
OS X could not be installed on your computer

An error occurred while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg".
Quite the installer to restart your computer and try again.

**Now here is the funny part. I was able to successfully Install Yosemite on my second try. After I got the error on the very first try, I then restarted the laptop booted to usb and skipped the partition steps and Jumped right in to install. It installed with no errors this time and I was able to set up OSx and have fun learning a New OS. I was even online with my Atheros WiFi cards, I didn't like the way Yosemite has a 2D Dock. so I downloaded cDock and played with that. I changed a security setting to install non Apple Apps And I Was able to restart and and get back in no problem without the post instillation steps by booting to USB Flash Drive and selecting the Macintosh HD. ***

• Post Installation Problems!
once I did the Post installation steps i.e. installing Chameleon-2.2svn-r2401 and the Script and Sound fix. I restarted, Bios screen F12 boot options and chose the "Modular Bay" (where I installed OSx) Darwin came up with an error on top in dull gray words. I didn't write it down!! Then an Apple gray screen and Black background text with white letters to about half down the screen and I remember something saying with AHCI in it but it no longer was able to boot.

I have been trying to redo everything from step 1 all over again 3 times now to just get past the install section as I did before. but every time, I wait about 10 min, I keep getting the error: 
An error occured while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg". and then restart.

I Double checked everything at first I had the A12 Bios update and I didn't Uncheck "Enable VT for Direct I/O" however it installed when it was checked and the bios was at A12.

I even recreated the flash drive a 2nd time thinking maybe I didn't eject the drive right the first time or it was just corrupted somehow. 

any incite would help and I am going to keep trying. Just wanted to post the problems I encountered.
Thanks!

Well I don't know what to tell everyone I somehow finally got it back installed and everything is working!

I went back into Windows and used Disk Part

• DiskPart
  • List Disk
  • Select Disk 1
  • clean

I booted to usb, Set partitions to 2 , (128.03 ext Journaled) and the other to free space
Began instillation and
An error occurred while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg". and then restart.

restarted, booted to usb, Skipped the Disk Utility and straight to install. I kept moving the mouse around every minuet, no idea if that did anything I just thought I keep the computer from timing out and Hopping if I made circles it would just work ( Shrugs Shoulders ) ... and it finally finished with no errors. followed the rest of the instructions and no errors when pressing F12 choosing the "Modular Bay"  Yosemite  starts right up. 

Hello,

Thanks for excellent work on yosemite on e6410. Everything works except I can't seem to install the audio update. Can anyone help? When I run the update I get this:

Last login: Sat Dec 13 10:43:29 on ttys000

Bruces-MacBook-Pro:~ bruce$ /Users/bruce/Desktop/AudioUpdate/AudioUpdate.sh ; exit;

Removing old/incompatible kexts...

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist: Permission denied

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooHDA: Permission denied

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS: Permission denied

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents: Permission denied

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext: Permission denied

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources: Permission denied

[MORE APPLEHDA PLUGIN DENIALS]

Installing Updates...

cp: VoodooHDA.kext: unable to copy extended attributes to /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext: Permission denied

cp: VoodooHDA.kext/Contents: unable to copy extended attributes to /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents: Permission denied

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist: Permission denied

cp: VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS: unable to copy extended attributes to /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS: Permission denied

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/VoodooHDA: Permission denied

cp: /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist: Permission denied

cp: modules: unable to copy extended attributes to /Extra/modules: Permission denied

cp: /Extra/modules/.DS_Store: Permission denied

Resetting Permissions...

Password:

Press enter/return to exit...

logout

[Process completed]

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, when I do sudo and drop the script I get this:

Last login: Sat Dec 13 11:33:54 on ttys000

Bruces-MacBook-Pro:~ bruce$ sudo/Volumes/E6410Y/Audio\ Update/AudioUpdate.sh 

-bash: sudo/Volumes/E6410Y/Audio Update/AudioUpdate.sh: No such file or directory

Bruces-MacBook-Pro:~ bruce$