DELL Latitude D830 problem installing OS X Mavericks 10.9.5

Konstantin

We need your help! I want to install OSX 10.9 Mavericks for DELL Latitude D830 

Features: 

Dell Latitude D830 

Nvidia NVS140M 

2 GB RAM 

150 GB SATA HDD 5600rpm 

There was a problem, when first installed, or in the selection of the main language, or in selecting the install disk, or have already gone when the countdown installation - Laptop "deadly" hangs, freezes ... have to do reset ... And everything is repeated! Partition on disk 1, I plan to use as the only operating system on the laptop 

Tell me what to do? 

Thanks in advance! 

Sorry for my english  :oops:  :-)

• Administrators

As usual, follow the well-known and documented process with myHack USB installer + bootpack. Configure BIOS as per recommended settings in pinned thread of this very section.

Search this forum section on previous threads on exact same subject.

• Like 1

Thanks, Hervé!

Works! OS X 10.9

For using WiFi - USB adapter ASUS WL167g V3

Have a problem with playing videos on YouTube - there is a delay when playing in 480p and more

And another problem: laptop does not want to turn off when selecting restart or shutdown command - there is a gray screen and nothing else happens, tell me what could be the problem? 

• Administrators

Search about "performance tuning" and look for a complete /Extra pack I must have posted somewhere in this forum subsection. You clearly have an incorrect /Extra kexts+plists setup.

Or try the EDP package, see if it works these days.

Hi! 

EDP ​​launched, now the laptop shuts down and reboots normally. 

But there is a problem with the sleep mode, the laptop goes to sleep normally, but get out of the sleep mode does not work, only hard reset. 

And another problem - it works very slowly: video, shell, Office 2011. 

Maybe I need an installed another version of the OS? Maybe 10.7? 

This will solve the problem? 

I have only 2GB RAM

Merci beaucoup, Hervé!

Laptop now runs much faster! Videos on YouTube does not lag, the interface also has become much smoother. 
But there was a problem with hibernation. If you turn it on from the context menu or close the cover, the power LEDs shines constantly, the computer responds only to grip the power button for 8 seconds. But if you leave your computer on and it will automatically go into sleep mode, then everything works fine, LEDs blinking power, turns off the hard drive, fans ... wakes up almost immediately. 

Again, please help! :)

• Administrators

Sleep requires hibernation to be turned off. EDP normally has an option for that, well it certainly used to!

Open up Terminal and check hibernatemode through Terminal command sudo pmset -g. It's probably set to 3. Change that to zero through command sudo pmset hibernatemode 0. Then remove the sleep file previously created through command sudo rm -f /var/vm/sleepimage.

That's it, on reboot Sleep/Wake should work perfectly.