[GUIDE] Dell Latitude E6x20 Yosemite Install

Agrerald

Hi there!

Noticed this hasn't been updated since October. Is there a different method people are using?

In any case...

I also followed this guide to a t and found the following:

-Can only boot my ssd via the external usb, not direct from my ssd

-No audio (yes, I used kext wizard to install the dummyhda kext, but it didn't seem to work either)

-No Wi-Fi (This may be unrelated as my wi-fi stopped working on my Mavericks hack, hence me trying to upgrade, I might need another new card)

My system is an e6420 i5 2520M Intel hd3000 

(Just curious, in step 3:13 pressing f4 on the clover boot up screen to dump my dsdt.aml, what exactly does that do? Later when I had to locate my dsdt.aml in the clover/original folder, there was none there, and I just used my pre-patched dsdt file that worked when I built my mavericks hack on the same computer.)

Anyhow if anyone has any suggestions for the fix, let me know!

Best.

• Moderators

Step 3:13, what it does it dump a RAW dsdt of your system, you can then patch it and compile it. If you already have a working one, you could skip it.

Booting issue...when you boot without the USB, does Clover boot loader starts?

If not, you did not install Clover correctly. Install it again and then copy the EFI folder over from the USB.

If Clover loader appears with the USB but will not boot, then you might be missing the EFI custom files that needs to be copy over from the USB.

Hi thanks for the swift response.

Nevermind this --[The clover bootloader does not load on startup. In the guide it claimed that the EFI volume would mount after entering a certain command into Terminal. However, for me it did not, I mounted it "manually" in Terminal.]

I was not really convinced that clover installed to the internal drive properly, because nothing in the EFI partition mount seemed to change and the guide suggested that it would automatically install stuff there.

Additionally, the dsdt file I was using to patch had numerous error when I compiled it, and so couldn't be saved. 

Excuse my ignorance, but when the f4 command on the clover bootscreen dumps the dsdt and ssdt files, where do i find them after to patch. Is there another method to get them?

In short, would the problem more likely be incorrect dsdt ssdt files, or improper installation of clover?

Yosemite loads fine when the usb drive is plugged in and it looks amazing! So close, but so far!! Any help is appreciated, I will post my findings later.

Good morning.
I usually don't resort to posting but all the searching and EvOreboot fixes don't seem to be helping me here.

My E6420 is running very well now however will not shutdown properly.
The OS terminates normally however the main board power remains alive.
think I recall it rebooting normally maybe once or twice during the initial installation process.
Now I cant for the life of me get it to shut down or reboot properly from the SSD or USB in normal, safe or ignore cache modes. 
( I am starting to question whether it ever really did shut down or reboot properly )

I feel like I may be missing something simple ie: a conflicting kext needs deletion for EvOreboot to work or my EvOreboot version is not correct for the model?

Your help is valued & appreciated!
Matt

System:
- Dell latitude E6420

- Core i7 (i7-2620M) 2.70 GHz
- 240 GB SSD
- 10 GB Ram
- Yosemite10.10.1 from 10.10.0

- Nvidia Quadro NVS 4200M
- Tried A6 and A21 Bios levels

Details:
- EasyBeast
- EvOreboot
- chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) 4.0.1
AppleIGB
PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse/Trackpad
NullCPUPowerManagement
FakeSMC
ElliottForceLegacyRTC
10.10.x TRIM Patch
Intel Generic AHCI SATA
VoodooHDA 2.7.3
- Sandy Bridge Core i7 SSDT
- MacbookPro 8.1 Sys Def

Boot.plist
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1600x900x32</string>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>1</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>

You'll probably tell me to use clover, but if you have the info I seek that would be wonderful :)

Hi experts,

My dell is E6220 with i7 4G ram 128G SSD. Has Win7 installed.

I followed the instruction step by step, but I got some odd output.

1. The USD boot loader seems working. I saw the Clover menu. After  selecting OS X installed from Install OS X Yosemite and pressing Enter. I could see a white Apple with a progress bar under it. But several minutes later, the monitor display shined and split into 4 identical subscreens. Each has  a OS X welcome page. Did I do something wrong?

2.   After that, I went to disk tools menu(very small font as it was 1/4 of the full screen). On the left, I could see USB diver(7.8G) on the top .There are 2 drivers below. Driver 1(5.4G) OS X ESD and OS X Base System(1.29G) . My SSD is 128G. Where is it? It seems the clover didn't load or recognize the SSD. Could I have you help?

Thanks!

Corydon