[GUIDE] Dell Latitude E6x20 Yosemite Install

Agrerald

• Moderators

BOOT 0 ERROR

If you are using a 4k HDD you can get boot:0 error, to solve this issue do the following.

1. Reboot system back into Yosemite installer (USB FLASH DRIVE).

2. Launch Disk Utility

3. Unmount the partition you installed Yosemite on

4. Launch Terminal and execute the following command:

5. diskutil list (to find the Disk Identifier of your Yosemite partition (eg. disk0s2)

6. dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

7. Exit Terminal

8. Boot Normally 

Note: if you encounter an error that boot1h is not found when running step 6, download attached and place

it in the USB Installer/usr/standalone/i386 and start from step 1 again

reference: http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/02/hackintosh-boot0-error.html

boot1h.zip

• Like 1

Following this guide to make my USB for my E6420. Will report on how it works since I have the NVS 4200M on my model. Been having issues booting up my USB. Will update this post once I try to reboot again

Edit: So far the install seems to be going alright and it boots fine. I'll upload the required stuff for those who run the nvidia model of the e6420 once I get everything working or at least a majority of it. This booted with injected nvidia for running the NVS 4200M

Can you give me an update on how you get your e6420 to boot from Clover without issues (do you have any issues?)

I used Jake Lo boot pack and try all DSDT that included and got no problem with Chameleon. I for the life of me cannot get Clover to boot properly, always got to login screen with stripes purple and low resolution (this is with difference DSDT, Optimus Enabled/Disabled).

Also tried 10.10.0 and AppleHDA (ver 267) got sound. Tried 10.10.1 got no sound.

Help. Anyone?

Sorry for my english i am german. i tried with your guide to install os x 10.10 but i cant install any bootloader on my ssd to got os x bot without usb drive. i want to install it in uefi how i can make?

Edit: that are the specs of my dell

intel core i7 2640M

6 gb ram

512gb crucial ssd

intel HD 3000 

a13 bios

Sorry for my english i am german. i tried with your guide to install os x 10.10 but i cant install any bootloader on my ssd to got os x bot without usb drive. i want to install it in uefi how i can make?

Edit: that are the specs of my dell

intel core i7 2640M

6 gb ram

512gb crucial ssd

intel HD 3000 

a13 bios

please watching video install :D

i have laptop dell e6420 run yosemite 10.10.2 full ( wifi , vga or hdmi ) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH9TDSlejPc&list=UUnKlFcsK8YUJmGOoReoyZHw

• Like 1

I got os x runing days ago but i cant install clover in the efi partition. I copied the efi folder manualy in the efi partition but i cant boot it from uefi loader. the efi partition is not hiden i dont know why.

here 2 pics:

95haj2u4jmr.jpg

ea1zb4godjub.jpg

On the right you can see the efi partition. i dont know why it is not anymore hiden

what is working:

webcam

microphone

audio

qe/ci

speedstep

etc

what is not working:

clover in efi partition

imessage/facetime (i not have injectet the mbl an rom of my old imac 5.1)

get OS X running and able to boot from EFI partition on HDD. clover installer can't install itself to ESP, so i have to do it manually.

but I still can't get audio working. I'm sure i installed DummyHDA.kext using kextwizard and fix permissions.

Also EVERYTIME i successfully boot into OSX, my BIOS will change Optimus to disabled. So next time, when i reboot or shutdown->powerup, i have to go to BIOS and enable Optimus then reboot again to make everything working. couldn't figure out why

====

update:

sleeping is not working. trying to switch to chameleon according to Jake's guide

• Moderators

Try enabling Apple RTC in Clover Config to prevent BIOS reset

For audio, do you have npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 enabled under Boot? if so, remove it. That should fix audio...

Just looked at the config file and notice it has audio inject to 03 where the DummyHDA is set to layout-id 12 (hex=C). The DSDT has it patched to layout-id 12 as well. So, just remove the Clover injection should fix it.

Dear i never used clover can u please guide for legecy and uefi options for usb installer which ones to select there two images i hope u understand what i m tryimg to say when i come to select custom option for for bootloader thanks