E6400 Nvidia NVS 160M (not Intel GMA) Yosemite CLOVER Guide

krzysztofc10

Hello! 

This is OSX 10.10 with Clover Instalation :) 

At first what you will need:

-Dell E6400 with OSX or Virtual Machine

-At least 8GB Flash Drive

-Nvidia Quadro NVS 160m Graphics Card

-Yosemite App you can download from App Store. It's free :)

My laptop Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2,8Ghz, 6MB Cache
4Gb DDR2 800MHz
160GB HDD
Nvidia Quadro NVS 160m 256mb
Display 1440x900 resolution
Dell Wirelles 1510 card

What's Working:

-Everything except SDHC - I don't use kext for that

Not tested:

-VGA
-Display Port

Preparing Installation:

So at first you must have a computer with OSX to prepare installation to download this zip file pack below:

Boot and Install pack.zip

This Pack include everything to make and boot OSX and to make your Hard Drive boot without USB flash drive. I added some Extra tools so you won't need to search for it ;).

Plug your Flash Drive and run Diskutility.app from /Aplications/Tools, choose your USB and format it

to GUID OSX Journaled. Make sure you have Yosemite.app in /Aplications folder if you have rename it to "Install OS X Yosemite Beta.app"and run Clover 2K r2898 special edition.pkg from my pack. Choose as desire USB drive, and adjust option in next window clicking in rectangle left below. Choose: Installer OSX yosemite, Install clover in ESP,

Bootloader/boot0af in MBR(only this option), Clover EFI 64 Sata(only this option), Themes AppleStyle(optional),Clover64/EmuVariableUefi-64(only this option).

This will make bootable instalation OSX on your USB. Now you must copy your kexts. If you have visible EFI partition in Desktop it's ok. If not, use Efi Mounter V2 from my bootpack. Navigate to EFI/Clover/

And now you can copy kexts in 2 ways:

First way:

-use IORegistryExplorer form my pack, run and navigate to :

(option in upward the program)IODeviceTree:/efi/platform 

on the right side "OEMBoard" it is in the end. 

Now unpack the 0X574R.zip file from my package and rename 0X574R folder that you unpack with your board ID and place it to /EFI/Clover/OEM

Second way:

Doesn't test second way but it should work, the first one is good for long way :)

Unpack the 0X574R.zip file from my pack and copy 10.10 folder from 0X574R/kexts to EFI/Clover/Kexts and dsdt.aml from 0X574R/ACPI/Patched/ to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and replace config.plist from /0X574R with  /EFI/Clover config.plist

Now you can install OSX Yosemite on your Dell :)

You can copy my folder to your installation USB drive :)

Boot from USB using F12 key and choose instalation Yosmite drive NOT UEFI boot!

When you install Yosemite you must boot your HD using your bootable USB drive(Clover)  :)

When you set everything, you must Install clover on Your HD using Clover_v2k_r2953 from my Pack and install it with options: 

Install clover in ESP, Bootloader/boot0af in MBR(only this option), Clover EFI 64 Sata(only this option), Themes AppleStyle(optional),Clover64/EmuVariableUefi-64(only this option).

Now navigate to 0X574R from my Pack and install all kexts from 0X574R/kext/10.10 folder using kext utility from my Pack. Simple drag and drop all kexts in kext utility Window and type your password. When this will End, navigate to EFI drive of your HD /Clover/ and copy your OEM folder or with second way dsdt.aml and config files. But without kexts folder! You won't need it anymore. Now you can restart.

When you restart and boot OSX from HD. Open Launchpad Dock icon and navigate to other/Midi audio configurator and select output speakers by defualt sound output.

You can also Edit You CPU Speed and other options by mounting EFI and using Cloverconfigurator.app navigate to (if you using OEM folder)/EFI/Clover/OEM/YOURBOARDID/config.plist or if you don't /EFI/Clover/config.plist

It's working perfect on my Dell E6400 :)

• Like 5

for me, external monitor using VGA port is working, so I think on your e6400 too. But if you are OS X running and then connect external monitor, you must used little "trick" to detect and activate it, because key shortcut Fn + F8 doesn't work. So open System preferences->Display-> then push "Windows" key between Fn and left Alt and then you can see hidden button - "Detect display" on the bottom right of the display preferences. So hold pushed it and click on it. Then the external monitor can be detect and activated.

Hello,

I have "[iOBluetoothHCIController][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" message.

If i boot in save mode, I can install Yosemite but I can't install Clover after.

I change Dell Wifi card by "Atheros AR9380 HB112 Half Size Minipci-express Mini Card".

Can you help me ?

I have Dell E6400 with INTEL CORE 2 DUO P8400, NVIDIA QUADRO NVS 160 and DELL WIRELESS 370 BLUETOOTH.

Sorry but can you explain in more detail?

First way:

-use IORegistryExplorer form my pack run and navigate to :

(option in upward the program)IODeviceTree:/efi/platform 

on the right side "OEMBoard" it in the end. 

Now unpack the 0X574R.zip file from my pack and rename 0X574R folder that you unpack with your board ID and place it to /EFI/Clover/OEM

Do not understand what you mean "on the right side "OEMBoard" it in the end" and "rename 0X574R folder that you unpack with your board ID "